Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 06:44 AM)
Kevin Dillard wins "Mr. basketball" in Illinois. Pretty sweet.

He's gonna be a pretty damn good PG for you guys. Wouldn't be surprised to see him become an NBA player, he's just got game and has a pretty good bball IQ.

Kevin Dillard wins "Mr. basketball" in Illinois. Pretty sweet.

That's awesome. I saw he just officially signed the other day! Him and Mullins will compliment each other nicely. I also heard Ok St. was having some conversations with Lowery.

Devin Ebanks is set to take his visits with his final four schools. Texas, West Virginia, Rutgers, and Memphis. He said those are it and he should decide soon. He wants a place that will be nationally televised often, something similar to what he had with Indiana.

Wisconsin also picked up a commit from a kid out of Arizona. I can't recall his name at the moment, but a solid get for Wisky. His name is Ryan Evans, a late bloomer type with a strong senior year. He's 6'6 and was said to choose the Badgers over Illinois, Portland State, and Pepperdine.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

Terrell Holloway has also made it official. Xavier will benifit from the Sampson scandal and get him as the heir apparent to Drew Lavender.

Roger Franklin out of Texas has put Indiana at the top of his list since Crean has taken over the helm though. He said that Crean had recruited him heavily at Marquette, and told him that he is the first priority recruit he has offered since taking the IU job.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)
Devin Ebanks is set to take his visits with his final four schools. Texas, West Virginia, Rutgers, and Memphis. He said those are it and he should decide soon. He wants a place that will be nationally televised often, something similar to what he had with Indiana.

Wisconsin also picked up a commit from a kid out of Arizona. I can't recall his name at the moment, but a solid get for Wisky. His name is Ryan Evans, a late bloomer type with a strong senior year. He's 6'6 and was said to choose the Badgers over Illinois, Portland State, and Pepperdine.

So he choose the Badgers over 3 mid majors, wow.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)
So he choose the Badgers over 3 mid majors, wow.

I also saw it reported that 3 coaches at mid-majors had lobbied for the Marquette job but were rejected:

There was at least some interest expressed in the opening by people representing Siena's Fran McCaffery, Bradley's Jim Les and Illinois' Bruce Weber, however.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
I'm just going to put this here; Scott Martin has decided to transfer from Purdue.

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2008/04/0...88353436239.txt

There were some rumors about this towards the end of the season, but I didn't put much stock in them. The word was that he was going to return to Valpo. Edited by JuiceCruz16

A lot of Wisconsin fans are upset with the Evans commit because they felt that Wisconsin should have left scholarships open for guys like Jamil Wilson, Rodney White, etc.

And its he "chose" the Badgers, Wisconsin has academic requirements so some times they cant get the top basketball players.

:D

Love you Jimbo and congrats on the championship. :P

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 10:41 AM)
Part of me actually rooted for Kansas because I thought it would be nice for you Jimbo.

That was nice considering the entire world was rooting against the Jayhawks. It has been a long long road coming and I am not totally sure how to respond. I have told my friends next year is a recovery year, expect good things but don't contemplate suicide after every loss. 2009, back to the crazy times.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
Might interest some IU fans as well as SIU fans: http://ilprepbullseye.com/page5.html

Brian, this article stole your info, ha.

Pretty much official now after his visit this weekend. Ryan Hare from Marshall to SIU. Dillard helped convince him. I am so jacked for November.

Dillard. Hare, Roundtree, Booker, Bocot. I'm not sure what to expect from Nick Evans.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
Pretty much official now after his visit this weekend. Ryan Hare from Marshall to SIU. Dillard helped convince him. I am so jacked for November.

Dillard. Hare, Roundtree, Booker, Bocot. I'm not sure what to expect from Nick Evans.

God i cannot wait, along with it being my freshman year at SIU! I'm so pumped!

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
According to fightingillini.com...Rodney Alexander has left the Illinois basketball program. I wonder who they might get with that schollie?

since it's only for a year, probably jeff jordan.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
since it's only for a year, probably jeff jordan.

Well, here's the thing on that...Jeffery is already on an academic scholarship (very funny, I know). And, though I'm not well-versed in the NCAA bylaws, moving a player on academic scholarship (a "walk-on") to an athletic scholarship may be very tough to do.

Trent is getting one of the two open scholarships for next season. Unfortunately, I think the staff will have to eat the other. Thinking they will get a "one and done" player to fill the other is too pie-in-the-sky.