Official Squared Circle Thread

I've been reading that Foley to TNA is a strong possibility.

What do you guys think of this?

I love it, of course - it means Foley returns to the ring in a limited role, like Sting has, and I think Foley's needed a new setting for quite a while.

I hope he doesn't feel the need to do a bunch of crazy s***, since he's taken so much abuse to his body and head already.

I think 80% of Foley would be much more entertaining than anyone else on the TNA roster right now.

Another plus to Foley being there is that he'll make others more interesting by being in programs with him. Another Cage/Foley program could be great.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 06:59 AM)
I've been reading that Foley to TNA is a strong possibility.

What do you guys think of this?

I love it, of course - it means Foley returns to the ring in a limited role, like Sting has, and I think Foley's needed a new setting for quite a while.

I hope he doesn't feel the need to do a bunch of crazy s***, since he's taken so much abuse to his body and head already.

I think 80% of Foley would be much more entertaining than anyone else on the TNA roster right now.

Another plus to Foley being there is that he'll make others more interesting by being in programs with him. Another Cage/Foley program could be great.

Ehhhh, since i'm not a fan of the TNA product I don't think it'll matter to me at all. I guess we'll find out after tonight if Foley is leaving or not, it's a shame because i've liked his work on SD as a commentator.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
Ehhhh, since i'm not a fan of the TNA product I don't think it'll matter to me at all. I guess we'll find out after tonight if Foley is leaving or not, it's a shame because i've liked his work on SD as a commentator.

From what I've read, he hasn't liked his announcing work, and Vince doesn't want him back in the ring.

I think he's a guy who will benefit from more freedom, and less of Vince's control.

Anybody getting the PPV tonight? I think I may try to find a stream, since i'm only interested in 2 matches. Anyway, here's predictions.

Mickie/Kofi over Santio/Beth, stupid match, stupid gimmick.

MVP over Hardy, these 2 should put on a good one

Cena over Batista, eh i'm picking the lesser of 2 evils...this feud will be typical (i.e. Cena wins tonight, Batista wins at the next PPV, they have the blowoff match at the next.)

Henry over Hardy, they've done a decent job of putting Henry over so I don't see him losing it quite yet

Punk over JBL, This is THE time to put Punk over as a legit champ.

HHH over Khali, no explanation needed.

'Taker over Edge, I wish Edge would get the W tonight...but I highly doubt that'll happen.

Latest on Jeff Hardy's injury:

source: www.f4wonline.com

-- Regarding Jeff Hardy's apparent neck injury, the employees at the Best Buy store were saying for some reason that Jeff Hardy had suffered a neck injury, which is why he wasn't there for his scheduled autograph signing. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase ended up taking his place. It doesn't appear that he has a neck injury, but he does however have an elbow injury. He came to Tuesday's SmackDown/ECW taping with fluid in his elbow that wouldn't drain well, and was pulled off the weekend house shows as a result. Cait sent in the following... Just thought I'd pass along the information that over on the hardyshow.com message board the topic of Jeff Hardy's "broken neck" came up. Tamran who is a reliable source of Hardy information said the following "not true....jeff is injured, he's having some elbow issues that's why he was pulled off things this weekend. so he can be at the PPV on sunday."

Edited by The Critic

UH~OH!!!!

Time to jump off the Punk bandwagon!!!

{CM Punk bowls for charity} - CM Punk recently bowled at the fifth annual Kerry Wood's Strike Zone Celebrity Bowling Tournament. "It was an awesome experience. Everyone who was bowling got drafted. I was drafted by Cubs' baseball player’s wives. I was on team Estrogen," Punk said. "We dominated early, but then we fell apart in the fifth frame. It was really fun."

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
Anybody getting the PPV tonight? I think I may try to find a stream, since i'm only interested in 2 matches. Anyway, here's predictions.

Cena over Batista, eh i'm picking the lesser of 2 evils...this feud will be typical (i.e. Cena wins tonight, Batista wins at the next PPV, they have the blowoff match at the next.)

Henry over Hardy, they've done a decent job of putting Henry over so I don't see him losing it quite yet

'Taker over Edge, I wish Edge would get the W tonight...but I highly doubt that'll happen.

I see Orton getting involved in the whole Batista/Cena match for a non finish DQ the motorcycle accident crap is just to much for me to think it is real!

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)

I'm getting it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
Wow, that HHH/Khali match was the best match of the night, so far. I don't see Khali very much, but I have to admit that he's come a long way since first coming to the WWE. That's not saying too much, but I mean it as a compliment.

Eh, I think he looked good due to the match being put together nicely...and the fact that he was in there with one of the best didn't hurt.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
Any Soxtalkers going to Raw tonight?

I'll be watching it at home, flipping to the Sox game during commercials and lame matches/promos.

*raises hand* This will be my first Raw. Kinda weird considering i've been to a Wrestlemania and a few Nitros back in the day.

It'll be fun because Chicago crowds are the best and i'm waiting to hear the pop that Punk gets and the heat that Cena gets.

Edited by MHizzle85

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
I was really surprised how much I got into Cena/Batista. Thought it would be crap but was very good IMO.

Poor Edge. Carry a show for a month and than put over the injury prone returnee.

I don't like Edge at all. I know he's a great wrestler and all, but I just don't care for him. And to be honest, I felt a little angry at the end that he had to do the job.

Am I the only one who thought it was better that Edge lost?

I mean seriously, Edge was responsible for Taker being "banished" and won the TLC match.. Then he starts losing his mind.. and Undertaker "sends him to hell"

I see no sense in having Edge win this match when 1.) He is clearly the top heel in the COMPANY regardless and 2.) He didn't need to win this match to solidify anything

He is still going to be the top heel, and this feud is great.. I thought the hell in a cell match was badass, best match of the night by far

but come on people.. a returning Undertaker fighting in a Hell in a Cell at a major PPV? There was zero chance he was gonna lose.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 09:33 AM)
I kinda laughed at Punk putting Y2J over last night in Chicago. Assuming Jericho gets added to the scramble at Unforgiven.

Since Jericho isnt in the title match it seems obvious that he'll face HBK in a gimmick match at Unforgiven.

And as for Orton, I think the accident is a work, but it doesn't mean he'll return before the supposed 3 extra months he's out for. He probably just wanted more time off with his wife and kid and they needed an explanation.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 01:09 AM)
Am I the only one who thought it was better that Edge lost?

I mean seriously, Edge was responsible for Taker being "banished" and won the TLC match.. Then he starts losing his mind.. and Undertaker "sends him to hell"

I see no sense in having Edge win this match when 1.) He is clearly the top heel in the COMPANY regardless and 2.) He didn't need to win this match to solidify anything

He is still going to be the top heel, and this feud is great.. I thought the hell in a cell match was badass, best match of the night by far

but come on people.. a returning Undertaker fighting in a Hell in a Cell at a major PPV? There was zero chance he was gonna lose.

I was either way, the way the WWE does things they could of easily had this go at least another month...they have the final match be a casket match/buried alive or something else that the Undertaker competes in. Why not have crazy Edge keep going, I like this Edge.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
I kinda laughed at Punk putting Y2J over last night in Chicago. Assuming Jericho gets added to the scramble at Unforgiven.

Last night, that completely took all the air out of the Allstate. EVERYBODY was stunned that's how it finished. Although after the cameras went off, Lance Cade got in the ring to ambush Punk and Punk hit him with a GTS. Out comes JBL...hits a promo ripping the Cubs, bell rings, we've got a title match. Punk ends up beating him of course...place goes crazy and we're all happy. He cuts a promo about how much he loves the city, etc.

Did they show the promo that Santino cut last night? Not sure if it was before they came back from commercial.

No way Taker loses in his return - both men looked great. what's the problem?

And Punk jobbing to Y2J in Chicago is pathetic, but Vince loves to humiliate guys in their hometowns.

The Santino promo is supposed to be on wwe.com.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
I don't like Edge at all. I know he's a great wrestler and all, but I just don't care for him. And to be honest, I felt a little angry at the end that he had to do the job.

Completely disagree there with you Milkman, I'd say Edge has carried that company for the past 18-24 months (basically agreeing with Paul Heyman here). He's the best all round heel the WWE has had for a long, long time. I wonder if they're goin to carry on with the Vicky / Fox storyline at any point though from here.

Also I'll be seeing Raw on Saturday Night being taped at Madison Square Garden. Wish it was Smackdown I was seeing though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 08:56 AM)
Wish it was Smackdown I was seeing though.

Its funny to see people say that, because not too long ago Smackdown was AWFUL but now I think I like it better than Raw

QUOTE (Shadows @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
Its funny to see people say that, because not too long ago Smackdown was AWFUL but now I think I like it better than Raw

Yep. They have pretty much what I consider to be the biggest 3 names ATM (in Triple H, Edge and the Undertaker).

Cena's actually lost a little of his mojo I think in the past few months, while I think they need to turn either him of Batista heel.

I'd love to see Kane get the mask back though, and he be the one to take the belt of CM Punk in the future actually. Push him as they did when he 1st started.