Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 06:49 AM)
The Crown Jewel of the Embassy Jimmy Rave has been released from his ROH contract and released from FIP as well. Supposedly, he got an ear injury at a recent event and lashed out at Gabe and the higher ups demanding his release during the middle of the event backstage. This is according to the PWInsider and not Gabe. Gabe has not made a statement yet to break this news.

However, there are rumors that this may be part of a new ROH gimmick/idea called the Abused Society/Project 161 and he'd be involved in that. It isn't clear if he has legitimately been released or if this is an elaborate work.

Between the AS/161 Flyers and Website (which seem to point at the Sept. PPV as their "debut"), Jimmy Jacob's imminent return, the weird thread from Gabe regarding people harassing his family and now the Rave situation.... I have a feeling the SUPER ELABORATE work rumor is true.

Jimmy and Jimmy coming back as the Abused Society and destroying people would be cool. They both could benefit from that.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 10:02 AM)
For all the fun we have with the Iron Sheik, he really seems like a damaged dude.

It's a sad story that happens to manifest itself in some pretty funny ways.

I have trouble feeling sorry for someone who snorted enough coke and did enough drugs to screw himself up for the rest of his life. I can't believe the guy is still alive if all the stories of his drug use are true.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 10:08 AM)
Between the AS/161 Flyers and Website (which seem to point at the Sept. PPV as their "debut"), Jimmy Jacob's imminent return, the weird thread from Gabe regarding people harassing his family and now the Rave situation.... I have a feeling the SUPER ELABORATE work rumor is true.

Jimmy and Jimmy coming back as the Abused Society and destroying people would be cool. They both could benefit from that.

If this is an elaborate work, it'd be cool. At least its something somewhat new. Jimmy, Jimmy, Pearce, BJ Whitmer and it even gives Hagadorn a chance to rebrand himself as a badass as well rather than the lackey 'man-servant' heel which has gotten played out. It's almost like a new, more sinister version of the Prophecy which would be great if they had a dark, heel Daniels to lead (wishing and hoping and praying...)

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
Here's some good detail on the AS/161 stuff in ROH, start from the bottom up:

http://foxybanana.com/~bhearsum/project161.html

Not to mention that before this every time that the "project" was mentioned on the ROH boards, the threads were immediately deleted. Should be fun stuff.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
Looks like we may get some answers at the 8.11 show in Philly.

There's another mouse-over that says 8.10 Boston.

Either way I haven't been this excited for a wrestling angle in a long time.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 02:44 PM)
I have trouble feeling sorry for someone who snorted enough coke and did enough drugs to screw himself up for the rest of his life. I can't believe the guy is still alive if all the stories of his drug use are true.

I understand totally how you feel, I just could never understand what leads a person to do that kind of thing to himself.

It's the same feeling I get when I watch that Intervention show. I just feel terrible for the people around them, and sad for the person who can't or won't stop the spiral.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
Raw did it's worse rating since '97? Wow if confirmed.

Turns out there was a Nielsen error which under-reported Raw's rating.

I can't find the true Raw rating, but the Nielsen company has confirmed the reporting error, so the rating is sure to be higher.

Before learning of the error, VKM went nuts, blaming anyone and everyone (except himself or his family, of course) for the poor ratings.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 11:16 AM)
Awful.

That is so wCw, but then again, so was the AJ & Eckstein stuff.

TNA is using these guys to get national recognition and some free advertising. WCW was already huge and didn't need Rodman, etc...

But it will be a disaster and wrestlecrap history!

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
TNA is using these guys to get national recognition and some free advertising. WCW was already huge and didn't need Rodman, etc...

But it will be a disaster and wrestlecrap history!

The thing is, even though wCw was a huge corporation, it was always seen as "second fiddle" and they used Leno, Rodman, KISS, Malone, Arquette and so on for the same exact reasons - mainstream exposure and PPV advertising.

It's just too bad to see TNA dump the things that made them a viable alternative to WWE and just hire all The E's leftovers.

Small thing. But back when they did the limo bit, London got a talking to by Vince when he was smiling during the serious catatonic Vince scene walking the halls. Small thing but tonight when Vince walked through, he told London "Keep that smile on your face."

Colt Cabana for the illegitimate child of Vince!