Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
This may hurt him more than ever, He was arguably the most over superstar currently and he does this again.

Isnt he known for pulling stuff like this when he is over? Didnt he No-show a TNA event where he was part of the main event? I swear i remember reading that somewhere

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Kids and goth girls love him, which means merch sales and a longer rope.

Well one more violation and he's out. I don't think anyone is above that, well maybe Tripsy McMahon but even thats a little unlikely.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
Well one more violation and he's out. I don't think anyone is above that, well maybe Tripsy McMahon but even thats a little unlikely.

I'm actually a little surprised he's not gone, truth be told.

This is far from his first "flake-out", and if he wasn't getting the pop he is (and moving merch) I would have expected him to be out on his ass.

He's over, but he's not Cena-over with the kids 'n' chicks.

Mrs. Steph would have to be caught with a needle in his ass, a spoon up his nose and a whore hanging off his dick to get fired.

Mid-card 4 Life!

Credit: ProWrestling.NET

- You would be forgiven for thinking Vince McMahon may be upset about Jeff Hardy's inability (once again) to follow the company's drug policy, but that apparently is not the case.

One source has claimed that McMahon has been waiting for an incident like this to happen and that suspension of one of the company's biggest stars puts WWE in a strong position if Congress or anyone else questions the company's drug testing policy.

Hardy is now destined to mid-card status for life, another source claims, with Vince McMahon not even willing to contemplate future creative plans for the former Intercontinental Champion at this time. The same source also claims that Hardy has cost himself a Spring run with the WWE Title.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
Isnt he known for pulling stuff like this when he is over? Didnt he No-show a TNA event where he was part of the main event? I swear i remember reading that somewhere

yup, he's an idiot. (although knowing tna now, maybe not.)

That's odd, I thought Adamle was getting paid 20 million dollars!!

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Raw announcer Mike Adamle was going to start working with J2 Strategic Communications -- a media training company in Chicago -- but one day after his WWE hiring was announced, he pulled out, citing other commitments including his WWE commitments. WWE is reportedly paying Mike Adamle $300,000 per year for his weekly work on Raw (talent receive additional money for working pay-per-views). That translates to about $6,000 per show. $300,000 is close to what a high-end mid-carder makes on their downside guarantee. $300,000 is also equivalent to three or four entry level WWE contracts, or giving developmental contracts to 12 wrestlers from the indy scene.

Another colossal waste of money for someone who adds absolutely nothing to any broadcast. Amazing.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 01:37 AM)

-- Raw announcer Mike Adamle was going to start working with J2 Strategic Communications -- a media training company in Chicago -- but one day after his WWE hiring was announced, he pulled out, citing other commitments including his WWE commitments. WWE is reportedly paying Mike Adamle $300,000 per year for his weekly work on Raw (talent receive additional money for working pay-per-views). That translates to about $6,000 per show. $300,000 is close to what a high-end mid-carder makes on their downside guarantee. $300,000 is also equivalent to three or four entry level WWE contracts, or giving developmental contracts to 12 wrestlers from the indy scene.

Another colossal waste of money for someone who adds absolutely nothing to any broadcast. Amazing.

I'll never forget sitting next to him on the sidelines at an NIU game where he was trashing the hell out of Michael Turner. When I watched the news that night, he was saying how Turner is his favorite player in college football.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 05:37 PM)

What a jerky thing to report. What is Meltzer's problem? Why not post everyone's salaries?

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Mar 18, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
Santino on RAW last night, pure gold.

Loved when he hit Lawler, ran away, came back, stole the Subway sandwich, than ran away. Santino is must see TV on Raw...except for his matches.

"Snoopy the Dog"!

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 18, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
Loved when he hit Lawler, ran away, came back, stole the Subway sandwich, than ran away. Santino is must see TV on Raw...except for his matches.

"Snoopy the Dog"!

"I now have your delicious Subway sandwich! *takes bite* It's good!"

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 18, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)

"Snoopy the Dog"!

Bolded for truth.

Too bad he's not more entertaining when he wrestles, because he has become guaranteed laughs on the stick.

With WrestleMania coming up and March Madness in full swing, what would it sound like if Gus Johnson did play by play at WrestleMania?

"Undertake has EDGE UP AND BAM! TOMBSTONE! HEY EDGE, REST IN PEACE!! AH HA HA!!!"

So, I watched Smackdown! for the first time in probably over a year. I have to say that I can now enjoy Mark Henry. I believe in wrestlers having roles (some being the monster type, even if they don't have much wrestling ability). I think it mostly has to do with his entrance music, though.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 23, 2008 -> 09:47 AM)

He's just bitter that they didn't pay for all his medical bills despite the fact that he didn't get himself sufficient health insurance.

His career outlived his talent by many, many, many years. His schtick became stale almost immediately.

It sure seemed like TNA was holding him back when they created LAX as a vehicle for him to blabber on and on, gave him airtime every single week with them, and gave them multiple tag title runs.