Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)
WhoawhoawhoawhoaWHOA!!!!!

Wait just one consarn, chicken-pluckin minute here!!!

Just because I think Codesy Rhodesy is awful does NOT mean Randy Resthold is growing on me!!!!

If anything, the millions.......AND MILLIONS.....of Orton avatars, sigs, and YouTubes are making me dislike him even more!!!

Truthfully, I don't mind him, I just don't find him all that fun to watch. He's trying to develop this "creepy evil villain" character, but I'm just not buying it.

For me, he's the midpoint between Santino Marella (change the channel) and Mister Kennedy (turn the volume up).

LMAO, I mark for The Critic

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton fell so far in the months after he got destroyed by Triple H at Unforgiven 04/Royal Rumble 05, he's just now starting to actually look okay. I'm not ready to give him props yet, especially since he's reportedly a total ass backstage, but he's gotten better. I think he's been watching Edge the past year or so, and finally learning how to act like a true heel. We'll see.

I don't have a problem with him going over Cena, if he cheats and gets away with it - as long as they don't turn around and have him drop it right away. However, I don't see it happening. If they didn't put Lashley over Cena, who the McMahons love, I doubt Orton will be going over either.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
Orton fell so far in the months after he got destroyed by Triple H at Unforgiven 04/Royal Rumble 05, he's just now starting to actually look okay. I'm not ready to give him props yet, especially since he's reportedly a total ass backstage, but he's gotten better. I think he's been watching Edge the past year or so, and finally learning how to act like a true heel. We'll see.

I don't have a problem with him going over Cena, if he cheats and gets away with it - as long as they don't turn around and have him drop it right away. However, I don't see it happening. If they didn't put Lashley over Cena, who the McMahons love, I doubt Orton will be going over either.

They didn't put Lashley over Cena because Lashley is a face.. Like I already said before I don't see much sense in having a two face feud. And reports have been for a while now that Triple H wants to push Orton and feud with him for the belt, while also seeing if Cena can stay popular without the strap..

And they have already been saying Ortons behavior has been much better, and that could also be one of the reasons he is making his way back to the belt. Orton wouldn't have to cheat to beat Cena, hes not that kind of heel.. I can see this just being a great match with an out of nowhere RKO to cap it off..

This way, Orton can hold the belt and feud with Trips till eventually dropping it to him.. I just cant see Cena winning and holding it for SEVEN more months until Wrestlemania, its too stale already and I think they know they need to change things up a bit now..

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 02:20 PM)
They didn't put Lashley over Cena because Lashley is a face.. Like I already said before I don't see much sense in having a two face feud. And reports have been for a while now that Triple H wants to push Orton and feud with him for the belt, while also seeing if Cena can stay popular without the strap..

And they have already been saying Ortons behavior has been much better, and that could also be one of the reasons he is making his way back to the belt. Orton wouldn't have to cheat to beat Cena, hes not that kind of heel.. I can see this just being a great match with an out of nowhere RKO to cap it off..

This way, Orton can hold the belt and feud with Trips till eventually dropping it to him.. I just cant see Cena winning and holding it for SEVEN more months until Wrestlemania, its too stale already and I think they know they need to change things up a bit now..

I'll disagree with the bolded point:

WHOEVER beats Cena for the strap is gonna have to cheat to do it.

The way they've built him up as the Against All Odds Champion, he can't and won't drop it cleanly.

Just not going to happen cleanly. No way.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)

The way they've built him up as the Against All Odds Champion, he can't and won't drop it cleanly.

I may have to disagree, they've been building up Orton as the "Legend Destroyer" so why not have him be the man to stop the "unstoppable" I wouldnt be surprised to see a clean win.

Theres a piece on wwe.com about Edge having his surgery. Supposedly it was worst than expected, and could of been career-threatening if he would of waited to get it checked out.

To the ROH fans: Anyone else as excited as I am that this Briscoes/Steen & Generico feud is gonna last at least for the rest of the summer?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)

Orton won clean as a heel when he beat, um..won it...um...er...got the belt at SummerSlam 2004. You're welcome, WWE. I can't remember who he beat. It seems it has been erased from my memory. ;)

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)
WhoawhoawhoawhoaWHOA!!!!!

Wait just one consarn, chicken-pluckin minute here!!!

Just because I think Codesy Rhodesy is awful does NOT mean Randy Resthold is growing on me!!!!

If anything, the millions.......AND MILLIONS.....of Orton avatars, sigs, and YouTubes are making me dislike him even more!!!

Truthfully, I don't mind him, I just don't find him all that fun to watch. He's trying to develop this "creepy evil villain" character, but I'm just not buying it.

For me, he's the midpoint between Santino Marella (change the channel) and Mister Kennedy (turn the volume up).

My bad, I guess it was Milkman who said he was growing on him. All you haters are the same to me. :P

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
I may have to disagree, they've been building up Orton as the "Legend Destroyer" so why not have him be the man to stop the "unstoppable" I wouldnt be surprised to see a clean win.

Theres a piece on wwe.com about Edge having his surgery. Supposedly it was worst than expected, and could of been career-threatening if he would of waited to get it checked out.

To the ROH fans: Anyone else as excited as I am that this Briscoes/Steen & Generico feud is gonna last at least for the rest of the summer?

Yes, Orton is the "Legend Destroyer" thanks to He Who Shall Not Be Named.

And I am excited about this Briscoes/Steen and Generico feud. Although Steen is one husky/chubby bastard. I do mark for Generico though, Ole!

This Friday is a four way fray for the FIP Heavyweight belt at the ROH show with Aries, Strong, Gran Akuma from Chikara and Jimmy Rave.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
I know the reason why Orton is growing on you guys. he isnt allowed to use his chokehold/resthold. he has been forced to think outside the box. ;)

Like seriously, you guys are hilarious with these resthold cracks.. i am literally rolling on the floor, that how funny and fresh these jokes are, seriously, how you can come up with new shots at Orton all the time.. I am astonished

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
Like seriously, you guys are hilarious with these resthold cracks.. i am literally rolling on the floor, that how funny and fresh these jokes are, seriously, how you can come up with new shots at Orton all the time.. I am astonished

That last one was pretty funny though. With a bigger and more varied arsenal, it can only bring good things for the Legend Destroyer. It is forcing him to really go for it in and out of the ring to live up to the potential he's got.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)

Wait, I'm confused - you DO like Randy Orton, but you DON'T like things that are repetitive and stale?

:D :P

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
Wait, I'm confused - you DO like Randy Orton, but you DON'T like things that are repetitive and stale?

:D :P

You hit that one outta the yard, lol