Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
So I stopped watching WWE- anybody want to fill me in on some storylines (include the Mickie/Cena one).

Cena and Mickie are dating in real life, so the writers are spilling that over onto TV.

Batista was mad at Michaels for ending Flair's career, and Jericho is kind of defending Shawn, yet another swerve lingers in the background.

Randy Orton's shoulder is made of glass, so Triple H moves on to another feud (Hardy and/or Cena).

There's talk of a 2nd generation stable including Ted DiBiase Jr, Carlito, Cody Rhodes, Afa Jr. and maybe Harry Smith.

Beth Phoenix is feuding with Melina, who is surprisingly getting over as a face.

Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch split as a tag team and are set to feud. They teased the same thing with Paul London and Brian Kendrick, but seem to have pulled back on that. They'd probably have Rhodes split with Hardcore Holly if he joins the Kids Club stable. Carlito and Santino seem poised to win the tag belts, but that could get derailed if Carlito is going to be the mouthpiece of the Kids Club (my name, not theirs).

That's about all I can think of right now.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
Cena and Mickie are dating in real life, so the writers are spilling that over onto TV.

Batista was mad at Michaels for ending Flair's career, and Jericho is kind of defending Shawn, yet another swerve lingers in the background.

Randy Orton's shoulder is made of glass, so Triple H moves on to another feud (Hardy and/or Cena).

There's talk of a 2nd generation stable including Ted DiBiase Jr, Carlito, Cody Rhodes, Afa Jr. and maybe Harry Smith.

Beth Phoenix is feuding with Melina, who is surprisingly getting over as a face.

Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch split as a tag team and are set to feud. They teased the same thing with Paul London and Brian Kendrick, but seem to have pulled back on that. They'd probably have Rhodes split with Hardcore Holly if he joins the Kids Club stable. Carlito and Santino seem poised to win the tag belts, but that could get derailed if Carlito is going to be the mouthpiece of the Kids Club (my name, not theirs).

That's about all I can think of right now.

The Islanders stole Matilda from the British Bulldogs.

Hello again, friends, it's time for the latest episode of As The Do-Rag Turns!!

(aka The Wacky-Ass Hogans)

courtesy, as always, of Lords Of Pain:

The Associated Press released the following article today:

Hulk Hogan's son transferred out of solitary

TAMPA, Fla. - Deputies at a west Florida jail have transferred Hulk Hogan's son out of solitary confinement into a communal cell.

Seventeen-year-old Nick Bollea is now sharing living space with three other juvenile inmates.

He initially was segregated because he is a minor, albeit convicted in adult court. A judge denied a transfer request from his lawyers on Tuesday.

Pinellas County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Cecilia Barreda says housing assignments are routinely reviewed because the jail's population constantly changes. That created an opportunity to house juveniles together.

Bollea is serving an eight-month sentence after pleading no contest to causing a crash that seriously injured his friend.

AWESOME!!!

No TV show worth its own weight in s*** goes anywhere without WACKY NEIGHBORS!!!

I hope one of his cellmates is a street-wise tough guy with a surprising heart of gold, one is a nerdy white guy who falls for all the wacky pranks, and one is the brains of the operation who ALMOST busts them out of the joint every week, until their master plan goes hysterically wrong!!!

Tune in next time for more......As The Do-Rag Turns!!!

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
AWESOME!!!

No TV show worth its own weight in s*** goes anywhere without WACKY NEIGHBORS!!!

I hope one of his cellmates is a street-wise tough guy with a surprising heart of gold, one is a nerdy white guy who falls for all the wacky pranks, and one is the brains of the operation who ALMOST busts them out of the joint every week, until their master plan goes hysterically wrong!!!

Tune in next time for more......As The Do-Rag Turns!!!

How about the officer who is goofy. Like a Barney Fife type.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
The guy who played Harvey Wippleman would be perfect - I wonder if he kept in touch with Hasbeen Hogan over the years?

:D

I'm sure he'd get Brutus Beefcake to do it, he's always keeping that clown around.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
I'm sure he'd get Brutus Beefcake to do it, he's always keeping that clown around.

There's a reason why Hogan keeps him around.

They've been best friends since they broke into the business together.

So they announced the two trainers for Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling show.

Here comes NO surprise at all......

They are.......

Brutus Beefcake and Brian Knobbs!!!

Also, three more "celebrities" have been announced:

Butterbean - has been involved with WWE before

Dennis Rodman - has been involved with wCw before

Danny Bonaduce - follows video cameras like a moth to a flame

This should be "Can't-Watch TV" for sure.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)
So they announced the two trainers for Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling show.

Here comes NO surprise at all......

They are.......

Brutus Beefcake and Brian Knobbs!!!

Also, three more "celebrities" have been announced:

Butterbean - has been involved with WWE before

Dennis Rodman - has been involved with wCw before

Danny Bonaduce - follows video cameras like a moth to a flame

This should be "Can't-Watch TV" for sure.

From the Wikipedia Page:

Contestants

* Danny Bonaduce - The Partridge Family, Breaking Bonaduce

* Todd Bridges - Diff'rent Strokes

* Butterbean - Professional Super-Heavyweight boxer, kickboxer and mixed martial artist

* Trishelle Cannatella - reality television star and Playboy model

* Dustin Diamond - Good Morning, Miss Bliss/Saved by the Bell

* Erin Murphy - Bewitched

* Dennis Rodman - Former professional basketball player

* Frank Stallone - actor and singer who has been in four of the six Rocky films staring his brother, Sylvester.

* Tiffany - 1980s singer teen pop star

* Nikki Ziering - Playboy model

Edited by MHizzle85

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
Everyone enter to win part of the cash?

Nah.

The microscopic chance of winning isn't worth my being bothered by the thousands of companies Vince will sell my information to in order to pay off the prizes.

Anyone going to buy the new Ring Of Hell book?

It sounds pretty interesting.

Here are a couple of LoP articles about some excerpts from the book:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008/articles/1213052758.php

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008/articles/1212990684.php

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008/articles/1212390541.php

"Cat Bath" - oh, Arn, you're such a charmer, LOL.

Who wrote this "Ring of Hell" book? If nobody reputable, I would take a lot of it with a grain of salt.

Oh my God! People backstage sleeping with each other? Shocking!!! Same thing happened of camera on the Brady Bunch.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
Who wrote this "Ring of Hell" book? If nobody reputable, I would take a lot of it with a grain of salt.

Oh my God! People backstage sleeping with each other? Shocking!!! Same thing happened of camera on the Brady Bunch.

It's written by Matthew Randazzo V.

http://www.matthewrandazzo.com

He's represented by the Andrew Lownie Literary Agency (based in England), who describe him as "a novelist and a true-crime writer with expertise in American organized crime and political corruption".

Nothing I've seen excerpted seems unbelievable to me, but I'd assume his sources have axes to grind, so the truth is probably exaggerated in at least some cases.