Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
Am I the only one who still thinks a Mae Young bit is hilarious?

She's a great sport. Willing to do anything Vince asks her to.

She gave birth to a HAND, for Christ's sake.

She seemed to be diggin' climbing all over Charlie Haas.

:lol:

Anyone planning on attending TNA's "Bound For Glory" Pay-Per-View on Sunday, October 12th at the Sears Centre?

I work Sunday nights, and to be honest I don't think TNA's worth burning a vacation day for.

If you're interested, though, tickets go on sale on August 1st.

Carlito has decided to fast-track his attempt to get fired.

OR, he's decided he doesn't want to ever get a WWE victory again for the length of his contract.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008/articles/1213464018.php

One example of his rant:

"I may get in trouble, but that's why I'm here. My opinion is that it was a smart move by [HHH]. I think that's why he's champion now and has been champion in the past, it's easier to him. We, the real wrestlers, don't depend on people in the business. We don't have that benefit. We have to deliver the maximum in the ring. Others are given championships in a plate of gold or platinum, I'm happy for him."

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 06:24 AM)
Carlito has decided to fast-track his attempt to get fired.

OR, he's decided he doesn't want to ever get a WWE victory again for the length of his contract.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008/articles/1213464018.php

One example of his rant:

"I may get in trouble, but that's why I'm here. My opinion is that it was a smart move by [HHH]. I think that's why he's champion now and has been champion in the past, it's easier to him. We, the real wrestlers, don't depend on people in the business. We don't have that benefit. We have to deliver the maximum in the ring. Others are given championships in a plate of gold or platinum, I'm happy for him."

Carlito really shouldn't of re-signed that contract when he did. This statement is somewhat true, but he knows what he's doing by making it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
Carlito sucks. They could fire him. I wouldn't care. If he hasn't gotten over consistently yet, he never will, with the pushes they gave him.

What pushes were those?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
Giving him the US title his first match. IC title his first night on RAW. Angle with Flair and Orton.

Come on, everything he had was a one night gimmick. The best promo he had going (with his bodyguard) got ruined by his broken shoulder. His angle with Flair and Orton wasnt anything but a push for Flair towards his ultimate ending.

Carlito has been a jobber since he came to WWE, and he knows it.

Carlito's got the talent to be a top mid-card guy, but he's gonna be stuck in this jobber role as long as he's in the WWE. Him and Santino should of had the tag straps by now but they decided to throw Piper in there to "distract" them. Least they could do is send him to ECW.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
Carlito's got the talent to be a top mid-card guy, but he's gonna be stuck in this jobber role as long as he's in the WWE. Him and Santino should of had the tag straps by now but they decided to throw Piper in there to "distract" them. Least they could do is send him to ECW.

Santino's DIU didn't help.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Santino's DIU didn't help.

If Jeff Hardy can get a push after his drug habit and Orton can get title runs after throwing immature temper tantrums and testing positive for whatever substance it was, Santino's DUI should have no effect on him...or Carlito.