2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 12:34 AM)
Why is it every team I like turns to s*** the minute I pay attention to them this year. Unless terrorists kidnap the entire team, there is no way the Cubs do not win the Central.

Oh they'll win it easily, and get to face a DBacks team without Orlando Hudson and with Brandon Webb back to being mortal. I really hope the Phillies win the wild card, and that would make the Cubs face the Mets in the first round.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
Oh they'll win it easily, and get to face a DBacks team without Orlando Hudson and with Brandon Webb back to being mortal. I really hope the Phillies win the wild card, and that would make the Cubs face the Mets in the first round.

Phuck the Phillies ...that should guarantee them the Wild Card. :ph34r:

So, the Cardinals have a team full of grinders right now, with Miles/Cairo/Schumaker/Ryan.....will someone explain to me why they can't score? They're on their way to being 0-8 since Ankiel's HGH use story broke.

Edited by fathom

Brewers were in the tease business tonight as well. Have a bad feeling it's going to be a 3 game lead after tomorrow. If you're lucky though, you might be able to catch an Adam Dunn homer in the Gurnee area tomorrow against Suppan. I'm still pissed we didn't trade Contreras for him.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
I love Red Sox fans. Play your "arch rival" in late September, and watch your team give up a 6 spot in the 8th to trail 8-7. However, that still won't stop the sheep to get on their feet, and belt "Sweet Caroline" I mean, thats what they are there for, right?

You got it.

I, for one, love Red Sox fans. They're so passionate and committed, their enthusiasm is infectious. I wish we always filled the ballpark and sold as much merchandise as they do, or had their popular appeal. Same with Yankee fans. Cubs, even. Good for them. And if the Red Sox want to continue their tradition of singing Sweet Caroline while losing a game that probably doesn't matter due to the size of their lead, good for them.

Good grief, the Cardinals freaking suck. I have a bad feeling that the jackass Cubs fans at work are going to be worse than ever on Monday. I'm not watching the game, but a friend told me that Soriano got a 3-2 high fastball on the pitch he hit for a homer. If true, whoever called that pitch should be punched in the face.

Edited by fathom

I have no idea why Joe Torre continues to hit Damon leadoff when he's got two much better options in Jeter and Abreu. The Red Sox did their job this weekend by winning one game, which should pretty much seal the division, hopefully the Tigers can get hot and somehow get the wild card, their up 4-0 on Santana so far.

3 left on by the Cards already, including a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. I've never seen a team quit on a manager more than they have on LaRussa. I heard an interesting comment that multiple members of the Cards won't even talk to him anymore.

f*** this, Pineiro with just some horrific starts vs the Cubs this week. I hope someone punches Len Kasper in his vagina, he's beyond annoying right now.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 07:43 PM)
I have no idea why Joe Torre continues to hit Damon leadoff when he's got two much better options in Jeter and Abreu. The Red Sox did their job this weekend by winning one game, which should pretty much seal the division, hopefully the Tigers can get hot and somehow get the wild card, their up 4-0 on Santana so far.

Cabrera or Cano would be decent options.

Maybe Boras put the leadoff thing in Damon's contract.