2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Papelboner. :D

Seriously though, David Ortiz has been a huge fatass throughout his career. His HGH = boxes of twinkies. I'm not buying that one.

If I were to put money on someone, it would be Mike Lowell, what with all of the injuries and the desire to recover from them, etc.

I could be wrong about David Ortiz, though.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
It's Papelboner. :D

Seriously though, David Ortiz has been a huge fatass throughout his career. His HGH = boxes of twinkies. I'm not buying that one.

If I were to put money on someone, it would be Mike Lowell, what with all of the injuries and the desire to recover from them, etc.

I could be wrong about David Ortiz, though.

I'm like 90 percent sure at some point Lowell was on something(ok, now I'm speculating). He lost so much freakin mass once he joined Boston.

From the link Balta posted...

The U.S. Attorney's office disagrees, saying that Specialty supplied HGH for a "well-known" athlete in Massachusetts and an "entertainer/athlete" who received a shipment was 6-foot-5, 276 pounds, according to the New York Daily News.

:unsure:

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
We don't have a name yet, but this time, everything except the name has been published by others, including the NY Daily News and ESPN.

Oh sh*t, it's not a baseball player, unless Pappy's listed weight is off by 45 pounds.

Who gives a flying f*ck if it's a wrestler. I guess that the whole "entertainer" thing kinda gives this one away.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
I guess it's a foosball player.

From the stuff Balta posted in the other thread on this subject:

55 McGinest, Willie LB 6-5 270 12/11/1971 14 Southern California

from the Pats, guys who are even close:

52 Alexander, Eric LB 6'2" 240 2/8/1982 3 Louisiana State

88 Brady, Kyle TE 6'6" 280 1/14/1972 13 Penn State

12 Brady, Tom QB 6'4" 225 8/3/1977 8 Michigan

98 Brown, Chad LB 6'2" 245 7/12/1970 15 Colorado

66 Paxton, Lonie LS 6'2" 260 3/13/1978 8 Sacramento State

55 Seau, Junior ILB 6'3" 250 1/19/1969 18 USC

50 Vrabel, Mike OLB 6'4" 261 8/14/1975 11 Ohio State

86 Thomas, David TE 6'3" 248 7/5/1983 2 Texas

84 Watson, Benjamin TE 6'3" 255 12/18/1980 4 Georgia

58 Woods, Pierre LB 6'5" 250 1/6/1982 2 Michigan

From the Red Sox:

38 Curt Schilling R/R 6-5 235 11/14/66

34 David Ortiz L/L 6-4 230 11/18/75

Just noticed that Kyle Brady is really close, off by 1 inch and 4 lb.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
I took it to mean a Mass. athlete and another guy 6'5" 276 lbs. Is it one guy in the ESPN article or 2?

The ESPN article is poorly-written.

The U.S. Attorney's office disagrees, saying that Specialty supplied HGH for a "well-known" athlete in Massachusetts and an "entertainer/athlete" who received a shipment was 6-foot-5, 276 pounds, according to the New York Daily News.

It may or may not be two separate individuals. It's hard to tell from this excerpt.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
f*** the Astros for hiring Ed Wade. That's a f***ing load of s***. It's a joke how these retread GMs get chance after chance. Maybe they should hire Littlefield as his assistant.

That Contreras/Garland for Oswalt and Lidge (and a top spect) deal is going to look quite good in the offseason. :D

I'm going to be very, very upset if this never sees the light of day. Yeah, I believe and express, maybe more than anyone here, how MLB works hard to keep certain things under wraps, especially with its big stars. And I've got a great idea who it is from my own eyes, his numbers and rumors I've heard.

Let it fly, News Agencies.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
I'm like 90 percent sure at some point Lowell was on something(ok, now I'm speculating). He lost so much freakin mass once he joined Boston.

Was he on something? You know, I'm very skeptical about everyone, and if I were speculating, I'd say, "If Canseco's numbers stand to reason -- and I think htey do -- then there's a good chance he was on something. A very good chance." But with Lowell, losing body mass doesn't necessarily mean steroids.

He had cancer.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
It's sad to see how much Griffey Jr.'s ability and energy has deteriorated.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
That was just completely idiotic by the 3rd base coach. Why give up the easy out on a play there was a very little chance of going right for your team? Griffey Jr. is killing the reds tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
Holy s***, is Griffey Jr. taking money tonight? One of the worst individual games I've ever seen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-r...p&type=lgns

Guess who was hurt in the game last night.