U.S. Cellular Field on the Food Network Sunday Night

Al Lopez's Ghost

I'll have to mention that to my girlfriend, she and I frequently watch the food network and I'm sure I'd enjoy this rather than Iron Chef or a cake making show.

FWIW, that stadium club has some pretty awesome food prepared. I've been there three times and the food is outstanding.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 11:24 AM)
pretty cool, food sure tastes better than the stuff that comes out of the bards room and chef roy rivas.

No kidding. I have NEVER had a good meal up there.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
I'll have to mention that to my girlfriend, she and I frequently watch the food network and I'm sure I'd enjoy this rather than Iron Chef or a cake making show.

FWIW, that stadium club has some pretty awesome food prepared. I've been there three times and the food is outstanding.

its all levy catered. The whole jim beam/scout seat/stadium club/ skybox are all levy and in my opinion is top notch. I had some of the best food around in the Jim Beam club.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but from what I've heard the chef has until the 7th inning to prepare a meal for 200 in a section of the ballpark using only food items and ingredients on hand at the park, and wouldn't you know it our bullpen had a meltdown and allowed more time for the chef to prepare the meal! Now if Buehrle-mon was pitching and was on his game that would have been a whole other story!

QUOTE(ChiSox1323 @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 12:53 PM)
i know the guy was from england but how does a 30-40 year old guy not know how to throw a baseball? that part where minnie minoso was teaching him how to throw was pretty sad.

Baseball is maybe about 300th on the list of popular sports across the pond.

QUOTE(ChiSox1323 @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
i know the guy was from england but how does a 30-40 year old guy not know how to throw a baseball? that part where minnie minoso was teaching him how to throw was pretty sad.

Did you see the clip of the Mayor from some city in Ohio I believe threw out the first pitch on opening day this year and it went like 5 feet. Then he tried to show it was a fluke so he went on the Jimmy Kimmel show and did the same thing again.

Actually here it is

his first throw is on there at about 2:30 min

Edited by DrunkBomber

• 1 month later...