White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/23/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wins in a race from home to first base Paul Konerko or Jim Thome??

Answer: Neither, because by the time they get to first base it's too dark outside to tell.

Seriously I would smoke either of them...and I'm no Michael Johnson.

I don't think anybody is particularly happy with the season Dye has had so far, but at least he picked the right span of time to start hitting. Dye hitting like this is a definite upgrade for a bunch of teams out there, so hopefully we can get something better than the two draft picks we'd get at season's end.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 01:59 AM)
I don't think anybody is particularly happy with the season Dye has had so far, but at least he picked the right span of time to start hitting. Dye hitting like this is a definite upgrade for a bunch of teams out there, so hopefully we can get something better than the two draft picks we'd get at season's end.

For some reason, I think Dye will end up back with the Sox next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 02:00 AM)
For some reason, I think Dye will end up back with the Sox next year.

The only way I can see that happening is if the Sox keep him through the rest of this season (presumably because the offers for him at the deadline are mediocre), offer him arbitration and he accepts. I think Kenny understands that this team needs to get younger, and resigning Dye to a three year deal doesn't help that.

I'm sure we're bound to witness a repeat of the 1st inning for many more years to come.

Atleast we have upcoming pitching prospects comparable to Miller. Right?

He looks pretty comparable to Gavin Floyd right now.

Mark has been giving up way too many hits the last couple games. He can get out of it though because he has such great location and confidence. But, eventually all those hits allowed are going to come back to bite you.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 02:12 AM)
Thome really, really needs to step it up against lefty pitching.

He isn't as clutch as he was last year. Both he and Paulie looked bad yesterday when I saw the game on WGN.

Looks like we have a picther on the ropes who is wild. He has walked three in arow and hits a batter. Our great rookie Owens comes up and swings at the first pitch, which looked outside, and grounds back to the pitcher. Inning over. Patience son!