Espn Radio reports Alomar is traded to Sox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a good deal to me... hopefully roberto will kick ass and be happy here in chitown

btw.... im at work... fun fun fun....

if you wanna try and call me, for fun, the number for bargain network is 800-300-6140 my extention is 7239 and my name is trevor... ha

Wow.  I am surprised that we dealt Ring, but happy it wasn't Cotts.  Two questions come to mind real quick.  Does that mean we are still looking at trading Cotts for Weaver, and who gets sent down to make room for Roberto.  Could D'Angelo be the odd man out?

Jiminez would be the obvious choice, IMO. Cotts for Weaver? :huh:

Tuesday, July 1

Report: Mets will eat remainder of contract

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN.com news services

Mets second baseman Roberto Alomar has been traded to the White Sox for prospects, ESPN's Peter Gammons has learned.

Alomar

The trade is expected to be announced later this afternoon. Alomar's brother, Sandy Alomar Jr., has spent three-plus seasons for the White Sox.

The Mets will eat the $3.9 million left on his contract this year, the New York Daily News reports.

Alomar, a bust in his one-plus seasons with New York, is hitting .262 with two homers and 22 RBI this season.

Alomar had been one of former Mets general manager Steve Phillips' high-profile acquisitions two winters ago, but the deal that included outfielder Matt Lawton, infielder Alex Escobar and left-hander Billy Traber being shipped to Cleveland never paid dividends for the Mets.

can someone give me a quick review of ring and almonte and their potential and position? A met fan is asking

Almonte sounds like a AAAA guy. He had put up huge save numbers for 2 or 3 years in the minors as the "prospects" moved past him. This year he has been horrible.

Ring was our #1 pick in 2002 and was considered as a guy who was on the fast track to Chi, and a future closer or primary LH man out of the pen. He had been tearing up the minors.