White Sox vs. Yankees, 8/02/07 (W)

Kalapse

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)
this is what i walk talking about. iguchi is more focused and playing better than he ever did in chicago right now for the phils. not a game has gone by, it seems, where Gooch didn't either get a hit, run, or an RBI. and i think gooch has more walks as a phillie than he did, on average, with the chisox.

There are so many things wrong with that post it isn't even funny I'll give it a shot.

Gave himself up and cost at least 20 points on his average to move runners along

Moved to 7th so Uribe could bat second

I think he had the biggest hit in the 05 playoffs

7 RBI in the 8th and 9th inning of the Houston game last year when games really mattered

Not sure what your are looking for in player. You want to think of becoming a Red Sox or yankee fna so you can cheer for a highly paid player at every position.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
Because Iguchi was never comfortable with it. Just because you are good at something doesn't mean you like it.

Suck it up. It helped us to a World Series and it's what you'll be best at here in America.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
OMG OMG OMG OMG GOOCH has played well in THREE GAMES! OMG OMG OMG!

Sometimes you people amaze me.

Dont forget, he is more focused now than he has EVAR!!11!! been in his entire career with the White Sox

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
Suck it up. It helped us to a World Series and it's what you'll be best at here in America.

You think he actually got a fair shake to be in an RBI spot on the Sox??? Putting Uribe 2nd wasn't going to work. There was no one else who could do it. Yeah, he excelled, but we don't know if he would have been BETTER lower in the order. So you can't say this is what he'll be best at.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
Dont forget, he is more focused now than he has EVAR!!11!! been in his entire career with the White Sox

Plus he is playing for a winner and not a loser. That always helps when you know you have a shot to win everyday, and that you are in a division race.

QUOTE(frankie5angels @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
Plus he is playing for a winner and not a loser. That always helps when you know you have a shot to win everyday, and that you are in a division race.

Yes, for the past 3 years, Iguchi has been playing for a loser, and now he is playing for a winner. GMAB

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
Yes, for the past 3 years, Iguchi has been playing for a loser, and now he is playing for a winner. GMAB

Take it easy buddy. This year he was playing with a losing team. Hence, "playing with a loser". I didn't say in 05 and 06 he played for a loser. Some people are just so sensitive.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)
How do you like it?

Sorry I didn't reply quicker. My computer went haywire and I lost the site. I was born and raised in Montana. We are close to the mountains here and lots of fishing, hiking and camping and clean air, etc.

Everytime you say that you convince me that you never watched a game Iguchi played in before this year

oh, yeah! that must be it dude. i think you've been spending too much time at Medieval Times! he's playing better for the phillies than he was for us. that's just the facts.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
oh, yeah! that must be it dude. i think you've been spending too much time at Medieval Times! he's playing better for the phillies than he was for us. that's just the facts.

that 3 game sample shows you everything, I see

Medieval Times? I guess because I live near there, that must make sense

Edited by kyyle23

frankie and Devito share the same brain I think.

i think you've been sharing the same pipe with some of those runaways down on cicero. :notworthy

can we get back to the game now? GOSH!

bukvich has the nicest ERA out of our pen to boot, save for the closer. that's just sad.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)

Playing better? He hasnt even been there a month yet. Iguchi will most likely continue to perform as he has his entire career. Its a damn good thing we got rid of him and got something back otherwise he would have just walked without any compensation.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:39 PM)
frankie and Devito share the same brain I think.

Man you can't say anything bad about the Sox on here without getting smart ass comments. I'm a diehard fan like everyone else, but when the team sucks I'm not afraid to admit, when it is losing like they are this year, in my eyes they are losers. Some people may agree some may not. As Dean Martin would sing "Too each his own"