White Sox vs. Yankees, 8/02/07 (W)

Kalapse

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
No chance in hell will he take that little money. He'll get at least 10 a year.

And it would be hard to argue against that right now. He has hi's and low's but he's more often consistant than most.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 12:04 PM)
and here goes Big Jon. It is insane by ridiculous proportions how we give up runs as soon as we score em.

OMG...I started this post when Jon let the first three guys on in the Bot of the 3rd and gave up 1 run, I then had to leave my desk and I never finished the post. Now I get back and they f***in tied it up .....OMG HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

This team must lead the league in giving back runs the next half inning. I wonder if that could be tracked.

Juan "I love seconds and thirds at the buffet line" Uribe with the last out. Hopefully after this season, we can finally get rid of this. How many times do we need to see the human windmill try to launch every single pitch onto the street. Another offseason of 2nd helpings and he wont even bend over for the ball.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:07 PM)
Maybe nobody wanted to give a damn thing up for the terrible Alex Cintron. Of course, Ozzie Latino! makes more sense.

Yeah we wouldnt of gotten that super 23 year old high A prospect. Thank god we gave up the better hitter.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)
Juan "I love seconds and thirds at the buffet line" Uribe with the last out. Hopefully after this season, we can finally get rid of this. How many times do we need to see the human windmill try to launch every single pitch onto the street. Another offseason of 2nd helpings and he wont even bend over for the ball.

You would think he would be in shape this season after running from the police for the entire offseason

[rimshot]

I don't want Uribe, Pods, Erstad, or any oof the other scrubs to have any kind of success the rest of the year. Because I want no excuses for bringing them back, and that is what will happen if these guys get hot the rest of the year. KW will bring them back saying how well they played the last 2 months and we will be in the same situation next year.

Edited by frankie5angels

sometimes i like the way the chicago product bukvich pitches because he's not scared to pitch like logan, garland, contreras, and a million other of our pitchers are.

this is what i walk talking about. iguchi is more focused and playing better than he ever did in chicago right now for the phils. not a game has gone by, it seems, where Gooch didn't either get a hit, run, or an RBI. and i think gooch has more walks as a phillie than he did, on average, with the chisox.

Could someone fill me in from the point they lifted Garland and on? I had to go to the bookstore to get the book for my paper, and since it was 8-6 and both starters had been knocked out one out through the bottom of the second, this game seemed like it could end after the bookstores closed.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)
this is what i walk talking about. iguchi is more focused and playing better than he ever did in chicago right now for the phils. not a game has gone by, it seems, where Gooch didn't either get a hit, run, or an RBI. and i think gooch has more walks as a phillie than he did, on average, with the chisox.

Everytime you say that you convince me that you never watched a game Iguchi played in before this year

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)

They put him right into the 2 spot, and isn't messing around with any other spot in the order. plus their lineup is way better than ours.

Could someone fill me in from the point they lifted Garland and on? I had to go to the bookstore to get the book for my paper, and since it was 8-6 and both starters had been knocked out one out through the bottom of the second, this game seemed like it could end after the bookstores closed.

Posada 2 run double to tie it at 8. Dye 2 run homer to give the Sox the 10-8 lead.

what happened

Double that 1-hopped the wall in right-center. Owens ground out to pitcher, Cintron ground out to first. Richar on 3rd, 2 outs, Pods at the dish.

Edited by briguy27

QUOTE(frankie5angels @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)
They put him right into the 2 spot, and isn't messing around with any other spot in the order. plus their lineup is way better than ours.

Well, we wanted to see Iguchi's power potential. And I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. He was the perfect No. 2 hitter with Pods in front of him, why mess with it?

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:25 PM)
Well, we wanted to see Iguchi's power potential. And I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. He was the perfect No. 2 hitter with Pods in front of him, why mess with it?

Because Iguchi was never comfortable with it. Just because you are good at something doesn't mean you like it.