2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 01:21 AM)
I actually grabbed some face value outside the stadium last time this happened a week or two ago. Its worth trying if you are in the area.

I'm still in Milwaukee till next Wednesday so that's a no-go.

Did you see my last PM, BTW?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
Boy, oh, boy, Bill sure was right on the money about not showing home games on TV.

No one would go to games if they could just watch them at home.

It sure is harming the "season reservation holders".

It's harming me if the game being on tv are encouraging rowdy people like you to come to the UC! Luckily the 100lb ticket taker kept you away from my area. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
It's harming me if the game being on tv are encouraging rowdy people like you to come to the UC! Luckily the 100lb ticket taker kept you away from my area. :lolhitting

Hey, that ferocious security guard kept you safe!

:lol:

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 09:50 AM)
It's awful.

It's awful x2 :P

Lets hope the Hawks win tonight .. gonna be a fun game to watch .... on TV .. ohhhhhhhhhhh

im going to the Esposito night on March 19th so cant wait for that one

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
During warm-ups right now, all the Hawk players are wearing either #21 or 9 in honor of Hull and Mikita. That's one helluva gesture. Another tip-of-the-cap to Rocky and McDonough.

The jerseys will be auctioned for charity, which only makes it better.

Watching those JR highlights made me quite nostalgic as well.

I can't wait for Tony O's night.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 07:19 PM)
The jerseys will be auctioned for charity, which only makes it better.

Watching those JR highlights made me quite nostalgic as well.

I can't wait for Tony O's night.

Agreed. I just think it's great that JR is there for this. I will always love the guy.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
Lalime gives up a softie right there.

3-2 Sharks.

It was a softie, but Seabrook made an AWFUL defensive play or else Marleau doesn't even get the puck. Between that weak sauce goal, and the heartbreaking appeared tying goal which was actually an illegal swat......very rough loss.

Lalime with two softies tonight, just for the record.

SJ controlled the puck the majority of the game, we really couldn't get much of a cycle going for much of the game. As such, not many scoring chances. Thornton is a joy to watch, he's just impossible to get off the puck. SJ played like the team on a crazy winning streak, especially defensively. Collapsed time and space in the neutral zone and defensive zone and their d was pretty good getting the puck up on the breakout. They are a dangerous playoff team if they get everything they can get out of Nabokov.

Best part of the actual game was Harvey Wittenberg doing the PA. That was some seriously sweet s*** right there.

We weren't going to go undefeated the rest of the way. Was hoping to at least get a point tonight at home, but to no avail. Need a big game Sunday now before a rough 2 game stretch back to back.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 01:54 AM)
Lalime with two softies tonight, just for the record.

SJ controlled the puck the majority of the game, we really couldn't get much of a cycle going for much of the game. As such, not many scoring chances. Thornton is a joy to watch, he's just impossible to get off the puck. SJ played like the team on a crazy winning streak, especially defensively. Collapsed time and space in the neutral zone and defensive zone and their d was pretty good getting the puck up on the breakout. They are a dangerous playoff team if they get everything they can get out of Nabokov.

Best part of the actual game was Harvey Wittenberg doing the PA. That was some seriously sweet s*** right there.

We weren't going to go undefeated the rest of the way. Was hoping to at least get a point tonight at home, but to no avail. Need a big game Sunday now before a rough 2 game stretch back to back.

Boston trading Thornton away right after signing him to a 3-year deal still amazes me.

There had to be "locker room issues" or something else, or maybe their expectations for him were unrealistic.

I vaguely remember some rumblings from Bruins fans about him while he was there, but I bet they wouldn't mind having him back.