2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rene Bourque's had a pretty nice game.

He's been aggressive, he's in position for deflections and rebounds, and he's been on his guy defensively really well.

Do you think the Hawks call up some help on D for tomorrow?

The four D-men have been asked to do a lot of hard work tonight - I imagine they'll be pretty damn tired and sore come tomorrow.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 01:10 AM)
DT needs to get creative this off-season, and needs to make a gamble. When the season is over, not only will the Hawks have an a solid, young, core in front of them, but also a decent collection of talent in the A and around the world.

Brouwer

Skille

Bickell

Brophey

Kontiola

Blunden

Sweatt

Aliu...you get the idea.

Tallon needs to figure out what to do with this collection. Clearly, all those players aren't going to pan out. Half won't. However, Tallon and his scouts need to take a long, hard look at what is in the cupboard, and determine who is a keeper, and who can be moved. With guys like Brouwer and Skille, while they still are incredibly young, it's becoming make or break time for the in the NHL. If Dale thinks they can't shake it, then move them now while they still have value.

Hawks will have a little bit on money to play with this summer, and I expect Rocky will let DT push the payroll to the cap, or damn well near it. He just can't let himself get caught up in signing someone to a huge contract, because there will be a ton of money to play with after next year, with Havlat-Bulin-Lang all coming off the books.

Wheres Colin Frasor!!? heh

I like that kid

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
If the Hawks come away with no points tonight, you officially put the nail in the coffin for the playoffs. Not a huge deal, it was encouraging season, but no playoffs. O' well. Now, I don't see Nik coming back this season. Just a hunch, but I just don't see him starting again this season. I really hope Crawford gets the majority of PT. Get a much better idea of what you have in him on the NHL level, and can determine if he is ready to stay on a NHL roster all season next year..

Yeah, 9 points out of 8th is too high a mountain to climb this late in the year.

I agree, I want to see Crawford a lot to finish the season. See how he handles back-to-back games and so on.

Playoffs or no, this has been a huge season for the Hawks - the next challenge is how Dale handles the off-season.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
Crawford 45 saves tonight.... I still think he goes down quicker than a cheap hooker, but he's played really well so far.

Out of our 3 goalies he seems to have the most clue in net so i'll give him a pass until he gives me a reason not to.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
I know it is only two starts, but at this point, you almost have to give Crawford a spot on this team next year. He has looked really good versus two of the best teams in the NHL.

He's definitely outplayed my expectations in those two games.

I want to see him play out the season so Tallon & Co. can get an idea of how confident they are in him, and act accordingly on the other two goalies.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
Sitting in class right now, but have tickets to the game tonight(free). I need to get out of here soon, I at least want to make the 2nd and 3rd!!!

Game might be over by the 2nd period.

Sometimes free isn't even cheap enough.

So I guess tonight means we're probably pretty much done to make the playoffs.

And I don't think that's still the worst thing if we end up with a top 10 pick, and can get another really good prospect to add to the system.

And just a question, would people rather we target a #1 D-Man in Brian Campbell or a #1 winger in Marion Hossa this off-season (if you could only have 1)?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
So I guess tonight means we're probably pretty much done to make the playoffs.

And I don't think that's still the worst thing if we end up with a top 10 pick, and can get another really good prospect to add to the system.

And just a question, would people rather we target a #1 D-Man in Brian Campbell or a #1 winger in Marion Hossa this off-season (if you could only have 1)?

I'd choose Campbell.

The Hawks need some O from the D, as well as depth on the backline, so I want them to get a quality defenseman.