2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 2, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
HE CALLS IT AND GETS IT!!

LETS GO PENS!!!!!!!!

SAY IT WITH ME- DEEE-TROIT SUCKS!

DEEE-TROIT SUCKS!!!

but i hope they win the cup

hows that?

That game last night was purely enjoyable. The Red Wings definitely might be sluggish tomorrow night with their old legs and the fact that they were already picturing themselves with Lord Stanley's Cup in the air...

Pittsburgh scoring so late to tie it, coupled with Fleury standing on his head, just might take the wind out of the proverbial sales. I'd have to think the Pens are going to be highly favored at home, and hopefully they can force a Game 7.

Fantastic hockey. Sid the Kid really struggled to establish himself last night though... pretty much a non-factor.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 08:23 AM)
That game last night was purely enjoyable. The Red Wings definitely might be sluggish tomorrow night with their old legs and the fact that they were already picturing themselves with Lord Stanley's Cup in the air...

Pittsburgh scoring so late to tie it, coupled with Fleury standing on his head, just might take the wind out of the proverbial sales. I'd have to think the Pens are going to be highly favored at home, and hopefully they can force a Game 7.

Fantastic hockey. Sid the Kid really struggled to establish himself last night though... pretty much a non-factor.

Their 2 best offensive players in Zetterberg and Datsyuk are both in the 25-28 age range. Not quite old.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Wolves trail 1-0 after one period of play.

/begin second period

/playing

/playing

/playing

Wolves lead 5-1 after two periods of play

NICE!

Both sets of Penguins losing so far, but I'd feel better if the Wings were up 5-1.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 12:51 AM)
Wow, congrats to Detroit I guess.

But they still suck.

Yeah, they suck......champagne out of the Stanley Cup!!!

:headbang

This is like the 2006 Cardinals for me - it's nice when my "other teams" win. Not as nice as a Hawks Cup would feel (not that I'd know what that feels like), but still nice.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 02:03 AM)

This is like the 2006 Cardinals for me - it's nice when my "other teams" win. Not as nice as a Hawks Cup would feel (not that I'd know what that feels like), but still nice.

This is an idea of what I can say to Wangs fans after we win it next year. :headbang

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 03:03 AM)

How can a Blackhawks fan pull for the Red Wings? Critic never ceases to amaze me. :P

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
Agreed. This is worse than rooting for the Packers as a Bears fan to me.

This isn't going to help me around here, but what the hell, I may as well admit it....

....the Packers are the only NFL team I follow in the least. I married a Packers AND Cubs fan....

My Wings fandom started when I was just a little Critic. I watched the NHL Game of the Week on NBC on Sundays (because BLACKHAWKS HOME GAMES WERE NOT ON TV, DOLLAR BILL!!!!) and the Wings were often on the broadcasts. I was a Gordie Howe fan back then, and later a Mickey Redmond fan, and I absolutely LOVE their white jersey - it's my favorite jersey in all of sports. (I just got one in the mail from IceJerseys.com the other day, in fact - now I have to order a Cup patch for it) I continued to be a fan since then, and the ONLY team I ever want to see them lose to is the Blackhawks.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
This isn't going to help me around here, but what the hell, I may as well admit it....

....the Packers are the only NFL team I follow in the least. I married a Packers AND Cubs fan....

My Wings fandom started when I was just a little Critic. I watched the NHL Game of the Week on NBC on Sundays (because BLACKHAWKS HOME GAMES WERE NOT ON TV, DOLLAR BILL!!!!) and the Wings were often on the broadcasts. I was a Gordie Howe fan back then, and later a Mickey Redmond fan, and I absolutely LOVE their white jersey - it's my favorite jersey in all of sports. (I just got one in the mail from IceJerseys.com the other day, in fact - now I have to order a Cup patch for it) I continued to be a fan since then, and the ONLY team I ever want to see them lose to is the Blackhawks.

While on the topic, the top 5 NHL jerseys have to be this- Blackhawks, Wings, Bruins, Flames, and Canadiens.

The rest of your post, though = :booty :violin :drink :stupid

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
While on the topic, the top 5 NHL jerseys have to be this- Blackhawks, Wings, Bruins, Flames, and Canadiens.

The rest of your post, though = :booty :violin :drink :stupid

Replace the Flames with the Leafs and I'm with you.

The rest of your post, though = :lolhitting :lol: :cheers