2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 19, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
So for the idiot hockey fan, who is the favorite to win the cup now? I'm definitely rooting for Pitt.

It's going to be a very good series, and I'm rooting for Detroit, but it really can go either way.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 19, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
I like you and all, but being a Wings fan and a Hawks fan? No.

Go Pens

I've liked the Wings since I was a little Critic and Gordie Howe was still playing in Detroit.

You know who I DON'T like? Montreal. You know why? They beat the Hawks in the Cup Finals TWICE when I was a kid.

Detroit has never beaten the Hawks in the Finals, but Pittsburgh has. They skated around the Stadium ice with the Cup, throwing it in our faces.

All Hawks fans should be rooting for the Wings for that reason alone.

(I know, I know........ :lolhitting )

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 27, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
First off, Critic, you still suck B)

Second, I hope this thing becomes a series. It would suck to have this thing only go 4 or 5 and be a dud.

Its a shame, I really wanted to see Pittsburgh make it a series.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
Nothing official - seems like more speculation than anything but; CSN is claiming Hawks and Wings is set for Jan 2009 at Wrigley with an announcement maybe coming Thursday.

It was recently pointed out that logistics would make the Yankee Stadium game impossible, so I'd be shocked if the game next season isn't at Wrigley.

I think that this is a good idea too, except for the fact Soldier Field is bigger, newer, has better ammenities, better sightlines/no poles in front of seats, more seats, and more parking.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2008 -> 08:26 AM)
Its a shame, I really wanted to see Pittsburgh make it a series.

....and so you shall!!!

I expected Pittsburgh to come out with all guns blazing last night, but I think Detroit takes game 4 to regain their grip on the series.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 29, 2008 -> 01:10 AM)
It was recently pointed out that logistics would make the Yankee Stadium game impossible, so I'd be shocked if the game next season isn't at Wrigley.

I think that this is a good idea too, except for the fact Soldier Field is bigger, newer, has better ammenities, better sightlines/no poles in front of seats, more seats, and more parking.

It should definitely be at Soldier Field.

The Fan 590 in Toronto is reporting that Luc Bourdon has died in a motorcycle accident in New Brunswick today.

Bourdon was 21-years-old. He was a first round selection and tenth overall choice in the 2005 Entry Draft. He played 27 games with the Canucks this season and was considered a top prospect. Our condolences go out to the Bourdon family. May. 29 - 2:19 pm et

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 29, 2008 -> 11:21 PM)
Wolves take game one 5-4. Pretty crazy game, hopped out to a 3-0 lead and hung on for the win. This should be a really good series if tonight is any indication.

Indeed. I'd be interested to see a replay of the game tying goal that was called off in the last couple of minutes. I thought he kicked it, but it was hard to tell for sure.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 29, 2008 -> 11:42 PM)
Indeed. I'd be interested to see a replay of the game tying goal that was called off in the last couple of minutes. I thought he kicked it, but it was hard to tell for sure.

He absolutely did, it was the right call. It's real tough, too, cuz Pochmara only gets one look at that, and no replay. I'm glad he got a good look at it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 29, 2008 -> 11:54 PM)
He absolutely did, it was the right call. It's real tough, too, cuz Pochmara only gets one look at that, and no replay. I'm glad he got a good look at it.

Yeah, great game to be at. Hopefully they play better defense on Sunday, the Penguins did whatever they wanted to the last two periods offensively.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 29, 2008 -> 11:57 PM)
Yeah, great game to be at. Hopefully they play better defense on Sunday, the Penguins did whatever they wanted to the last two periods offensively.

Both teams are going to be working on limiting the shot totals the other side gets as well as the good scoring chances.

Some of our dmen had some bad pretty games...and we had some really stupid penalties.