2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bruins/Canadiens game tonight has been a lot of fun to watch.

End to end action, tons of hitting, great goaltending on both sides.

Late in the 2nd period, Montreal leads 2-1.

Bruins come back to win 5-4 in a crazy third period - an absolutely fantastic game!

Boston forces Game 7 in Montreal on Monday night.

GO BROONZ!!!

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 01:09 AM)
Sounds as if Carey Price is starting to struggle a bit.

Maybe just a bit too much pressure for him as a 20 year old goalie in the playoffs?

Price actually played very well. The goals he gave up were either bang-bang passes or deflections for the most part.

On the game-winner, Marco Sturm got his own rebound and floated through the crease while Price tried to regain position, and banged it in after Price had to flop. It was a thing of beauty.

The Bruins were swarming for most of the game and they made their own chances. Both teams were skating and hitting like crazy. It was a terrific game to watch, the best playoff game I've seen this year for sure.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 09:55 AM)
With College/Work/Baseball all taking up my time, I haven't watched much playoff hockey. I did however sit down and watch most of that game last night, and it was fantastic. I want it here so badly.

That's the frustrating part for me - I just KNOW a Hawks/Wings playoff series would look a lot like the Boston/Montreal series.

We can only hope that the Hawks get the pieces they need, and stay somewhat healthier than they did this year. If they do, we'll finally see some playoff hockey at the UC again.

Meanwhile, I'll be sure to be in front of the tube for Monday's Game Seven in Montreal - it's going to be insane.

QUOTE (CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
So in the AHL playoffs, the Hogs are going to play the Wolves next round? That's pretty neat -- if the series lasts long enough I may have to try and snag tickets to a game.

If this jinxes it, I'm driving to Marquette to beat your ass. :chair

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
It's going to get real nasty.

BTW, don't know if anyone saw it, but Burish made the US team.

I'm playing on getting tickets to those games at the All-State. Looking forward to seeing the Hogs get some revenge from the last game....

Crawford has been solid thus far, and I'm eager to see Bolland again as he didn't play in that last game.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 08:33 AM)
Hawks moving radio coverage to WGN, 3 year deal

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=362064

That's interesting. This will definitely heighten their visibility in the city, I believe. I just worry about the parts of the seasons that overlap with the Cubs.

I gotta love the way that the Dallas Stars have responded this playoff year.

:D

I know, I know, this is a Chicago board. But, I gotta support someone in the playoffs - at least this way I can go to the Finals if they get there.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 1, 2008 -> 11:14 PM)
Wolves take game one 4-1, 3 PPG. Ran into Showtime there.

Wings currently up on the Avs 8-1. But a TD ties it, so you never know here.

Quite the bed-wetting by the Avalanche - those two Wings goals in the last 90 seconds of the first destroyed them.

Osgood has answered the call for them, big time - now to dispatch the Stars and go to the Finals!

...oh, and sorry you had to run into Show..... :lol:

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 2, 2008 -> 02:55 AM)
Quite the bed-wetting by the Avalanche - those two Wings goals in the last 90 seconds of the first destroyed them.

Osgood has answered the call for them, big time - now to dispatch the Stars and go to the Finals!

...oh, and sorry you had to run into Show..... :lol:

There was like 4,000 people there, I wasn't hard to find!