2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 5, 2008 -> 12:16 PM)
I was done after the 1st OT. Great game though. Neither goalie deserved to lose that game.

That first overtime was some of the best hockey you will ever see. It's the best period I've seen in 30 years of watching the game, and I've seen a hell of a lot of games. It was intense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=ApQ....p&type=lgns

CHICAGO (AP)—The Chicago Blackhawks agreed to terms with Finnish goalie Antti Niemi on Monday.

The 6-foot-4, 200-pound Niemi went 26-6-14 with a 2.35 goals-against average and a .927 save percentage in 49 games last season—his third with the Pelicans of the SM-Liiga, the Finnish Elite League.

“Antti is one of the top European goaltenders,” Blackhawks general manager Dale Tallon said in a statement. “We like his size, athleticism, ability and the depth that this gives us at this position. We’re thrilled to add a young talent like Niemi to our stable of prospects.”

The 24-year-old Niemi is 56-44-29 with a 2.71 GAA in his career.

This guy any good?

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ May 6, 2008 -> 06:11 AM)
Per the Sun-Times today: Dan Kelly has been notified that he won't be back this upcoming season.

I can only assume that means Pat is coming home! :headbang

That would be AWESOME!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
I really hope they keep the radio broadcast in tact. The Weideman-Murray duo was great last season.

I would agree 100 percent, especially with all 82 games on TV now so it doesn't mean your missing out on any Foley by having him on TV.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Wolves beat Icehogs and there will be a game 7 ... Crawford gave up 4 goals in the 2nd and that gave the Wolves the game. Looks like another 3-4 days until we hear a Foley name associated with the Hawks

Wolves win 4-1 in game 7 and take a great series over the Ice Hogs to advance to the West Finals. The Pat Foley annoucement will have to wait at least another week and a half, if not more. Also, Pittsburgh and Detroit are both up 3-0 in the NHL and look to be on a collison course for a meeting in the Finals.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 18, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
The Wolves won the first two games of the Western Conference Finals 4-1 and 5-0 over Toronto in Rosemont, and are halfway to a series victory, Western Conference Title, and trip to the Calder Cup Finals.

Yes, we're rolling right now. :headbang

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 19, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
3-0 Wings now.

....I'm feeling a little better now....

:D

I like you and all, but being a Wings fan and a Hawks fan? No.

Go Pens

Edited by IlliniKrush