WTF is up with the wave at the Cell????

Jbrown

What's up everyone! I found this board and everyone here cracks me up, and it's nice to find so many well informed Sox fans. Anyway, enough ass kissing. ;) I've got a question from something I noticed last night in the Cell. WTF is up with all the people doing the wave and would any TRUE fan ever do the wave??? Trying to settle an argument from the bleachers the other day, and we were big time out numbered on this one. :angry:

welcome jbrown! :cheers :cheers :cheers

personallly, I can't stand the wave and will never do it. Year in and year out at the Big House I refuse to do it when everyone else does.

However, when on a Monday and Tuesday night we have crowds of 30,000 and we are winning and some fans want to have fun and do the wave, more power to them, not for me to put them down or ridicule them, I can do it, or in my case, not to it, to suit myself without mocking those who think it is fun

everyone's ballpark experience is their own and if it is fun to some people - and we do need the crowds - then let them wave all they want

The wave is a disgrace to true baseball fans everywhere

Want to have fun? Watch the f***ing game.

By doing the wave, you are telling me that the beautiful game of baseball is not fun enough for you.

Likewise, i had a huge argument with 2 of my friends on my roadtrip while viewing the BoSox game at Fenway. Had to be 10 damn beachballs in the first 3 innings. I was really pissed. I said it also takes away from the game. Well, i won that argument when one of my friends missed what happened on a play because a beach ball got smacked into his face.

By doing the wave, you are telling me that the beautiful game of baseball is not fun enough for you.

Likewise, i had a huge argument with 2 of my friends on my roadtrip while viewing the BoSox game at Fenway. Had to be 10 damn beachballs in the first 3 innings. I was really pissed. I said it also takes away from the game. Well, i won that argument when one of my friends missed what happened on a play because a beach ball got smacked into his face.

Exactly!!! Now go check your PM box, KT.

Heather, there's no message there...?

Heather, there's no message there...?

Should be now.

Ya, i got it.

I'm trying to think of a creative wave sign to bring to the game to inform people that they are morons for doing the wave.

I was just thinking "watch the game" would work...maybe during the wave they could pan to me sitting down watching the game intently. Probly would be worth a laugh.

Ya, i got it.

I'm trying to think of a creative wave sign to bring to the game to inform people that they are morons for doing the wave.

I was just thinking "watch the game" would work...maybe during the wave they could pan to me sitting down watching the game intently. Probly would be worth a laugh.

I dunno if you like it, but how about this idea...

"Do the Wave, and I'll show you the grave"

personallly, I can't stand the wave and will never do it.  Year in and year out at the Big House I refuse to do it when everyone else does.

However, when on a Monday and Tuesday night we have crowds of 30,000 and we are winning and some fans want to have fun and do the wave, more power to them, not for me to put them down or ridicule them, I can do it, or in my case, not to it, to suit myself without mocking those who think it is fun

everyone's ballpark experience is their own and if it is fun to some people - and we do need the crowds - then let them wave all they want

I have to agree. I hate the wave and will never participate, but you can't get 30,000 diehard baseball fans at a ball game every night. You need the casual fans, and if they want to do the wave, so be it. These are the same people that the pizza races and other distractions are for.

I'm just happy there were enough people there to actually do the wave.

Ya, i got it.

I dunno if you like it, but how about this idea...

"Do the Wave, and I'll show you the grave"

I'm sure if you held up that sign they'd stop the wave immediately :lol: :lol:

personallly, I can't stand the wave and will never do it.  Year in and year out at the Big House I refuse to do it when everyone else does.

I have to agree. I hate the wave and will never participate, but you can't get 30,000 diehard baseball fans at a ball game every night. You need the casual fans, and if they want to do the wave, so be it. These are the same people that the pizza races and other distractions are for.

See the pizza races are totally different. I pay attention to them. The difference is it's in between innings. The game isn't taking place at those moments

Thank you zach -

and do I notice that some of those attacking the people who do the wave in fact do not even come to many if any games at the Cell?

and do I notice that some of those attacking the people who do the wave in fact do not even come to many if any games at the Cell?

Bla!

I hate the wave, and think those that do it are morons.

And I average 50+ games a year :P

again folks, I hate the wave

but as zach says, we need the casual fans and be glad there are enough people there to do it

how much time does it take from your life to ignore it? It never lasts more than a few minutes -

no need to condemn what other people find fun - let people be without all the judgment

I like to wave my white sock when we score -

I like to stand for Home Run of the Century and not everyone does -

whatever, people,

a bunch of pseudo purists here who really should be happy that we have fans showing up

(and I think the pizza race is for children - others don't - rationalize it all one wants - let each do their own thing - some get off on the hat trick, some on the ATA plane race - whatever, people, be glad there are fans there to cheer the Sox, not for us to look down our noses at them because they aren't as

tres chic as some of us)