Tigers in Miggy Mix

rockren

Steve Phillips was just on OTL and said that the talks with the Angels have momentarily broken down. He said the Tigers are now in discussion with the Marlins in a deal not only for Miggy but for Dontrelle Willis as well.

The Tigers are supposedly offering Andrew Miller and Cameron Maybin (probably a few other prospects) for Miggy and Dontrelle.

QUOTE(kageman129 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
If this is the best trade proposal the Marlins got, what the hell were the other teams offering? I honestly think the Sox could have got Miguel and Dontrelle for better talent than the Tigers gave up.

:pray Tell me this didn't happen!

Miller and Maybin are better prospects than anything we have. That's not a cheap shot on our farm system considering Maybin and Miller are both two of the better prospects in the game.

Add in the fact that the Tigers have thrown in 4 other prospects on this and the Marlins did pretty well for themselves.

QUOTE(kageman129 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
If this is the best trade proposal the Marlins got, what the hell were the other teams offering? I honestly think the Sox could have got Miguel and Dontrelle for better talent than the Tigers gave up.

:pray Tell me this didn't happen!

Cameron Maybin is probably the best prospect in the game right now, and Andrew Miller isn't far behind.

There was no possible way the Sox could have provided a better offer with the players they have in their system.

QUOTE(bulokis @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 06:11 PM)
Hands down to the Tigers. That's what you call going for it all. Just looking at the lineup, adding Renteria, Miguel Cabrera and Willis were great moves. Detroit, in paper, looks like a lock for a playoff spot the next couple of years.

and then god knows what beyond that...they are old