Has Kenny Dropped the Ball...Twice?

wilmot825

The Sox biggest focus was Torii Hunter this off-season, and he ended up in a Angels uniform. Next on the list was Rowand and so far no word from either parties. The next piece was Miguel Cabrera and now he is headed to the hated Tigers. Has Kenny really blown this off-season so far?

Can anyone come up with a deal in the past where a team gave up this type of prospect package?

I know Cabrera is real good, and Willis is a good veteran pitcher... but what team could have come close to matching this offer.

The Tigers blew every other deal out of the water.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
Can anyone come up with a deal in the past where a team gave up this type of prospect package?

I know Cabrera is real good, and Willis is a good veteran pitcher... but what team could have come close to matching this offer.

The Tigers blew every other deal out of the water.

Yes, including other teams with much better minor league systems than ourselves.

How many years now have the Sox been rumored to be on the verge of landing some big player, only to come in a close second? Simply put, Detoit just kicked our a - - this offseason, along with everyone else in the league. I am tired of reading rumors about the Sox and want to see results. We got Carlos Quentin and the SS Cabrera,while losing John Garland. Detroit gets Renteria, M.Cabrera, and D-Train without detracting from last year's roster. Our minor leagues are flat out killing us, with limited prospects of any real value. Meanwhile, our major league roster is filled with underachieving, aging, slow, overpaid former stars. We lack at least 2 outfielders and have several other holes. With that said, I am still a fan and hope springs eternal.

Ho hum...

Let's just sign Cabrera in 2 years after he settles into the midwest and we can offer him $25 million per for 8 seasons. Wait, when we don't do that, let's talk about how Rick Hahn dropped the ball...since Kenny will be long gone by then with his foolish moves