Haren to D-Backs

sircaffey

I wonder if people on here who are calling Gonzalez a stud are the same ones poo-pooing Quentin as not proving crap yet?!? Hmmmm...

Callaspo was the guy I mentioned last year as a good get before the Sox got Richar. He also was the guy that got suspended for knockin' the crap outta his wife. Pretty solid ball player though IMO.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 15, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
I would think the next move for the D'Backs is signing Dotel. Makes too much sense.

Now trade Kong to ARZ for Jackson and a young pitcher to slide into the back end of the rotation next season.

Funny how Ed Wade could have just done that, but decided to give up some more prospects and Chris Burke for Valverde.

The D-Backs are going to be hard to beat over the next 5 years. They have their main pieces locked up, a great young core, and now a fantastic 1-2 punch.

And the NL West was argubly the worst division in baseball 2-3 years ago. Now you could argue it's the best.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
They got a king's ransom for Mulder (Daric Barton, Dan Haren, and Kiko Calero) and turned out to rob St. Louis blind, so I can't agree with this. They got a very underwhelming package for Mulder (Charles Thomas, Dan Meyer, and Juan Cruz) that worked out to look even worse 3 years later than it did on the day of the trade, but Hudson was coming up on a contract year, and I believe that deal was the winter before said season.

I like to take Haren out of the Mulder package for a second, and just include what they got for him in there instead.

Essentially, 8 players for Mulder, several of them top prospects; that's how you build a baseball team.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Konerko for Chris Young + ???

Arizona hangs up the phone

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 15, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
I like to take Haren out of the Mulder package for a second, and just include what they got for him in there instead.

Essentially, 8 players for Mulder, several of them top prospects; that's how you build a baseball team.

So they can pack Young's bags and buy him a plane ticket?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 15, 2007 -> 02:15 PM)

I seriously can't believe people are still slupring up all over Beane. He has made countless of mediocre decisions and has continued to fail to get the A's to the promised land. He had some really good teams for a couple year span, I'll admit, but the past couple years they have been far more mediocre and they are right with the Sox when it comes to drafting (ie unimpresively).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
I seriously can't believe people are still slupring up all over Beane. He has made countless of mediocre decisions and has continued to fail to get the A's to the promised land. He had some really good teams for a couple year span, I'll admit, but the past couple years they have been far more mediocre and they are right with the Sox when it comes to drafting (ie unimpresively).

KW some times doesn't trade players soon enough but Beane trades players way too early imo. I obviously disagree with a lot of Beane's principles so to speak but that's one of the main ones as of late.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)

I agree in large part with this; still, this is a hell of a haul and is a pretty big step forward for their organization, and will undoubtedly help the team's offensive woes within the next few years.

Well this is better then what they got for Mulder and Hudson obviously.

So I mean in essence, 1 of the above deals worked out beautifully, the other one was just terrible for the A's.

Obviously we'll have to wait a few years to judge the trades to see how those prospects worked out.