2008 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
The Mets will be lucky to make the playoffs with that ugly rotation they've got.

Johan's carried teams on his back before, and I think he can carry the Mets through a pretty weak NL.

justin speier just blows the save in anaheim, now the angels have to score in the 9th to keep cleveland out of the win column

damn it!

edit: ballgame, cle wins 4-3

Edited by joesaiditstrue

Cy Dempster? Also, hadn't the Angels won a ton of games in a row when leading going into the 9th? The Brewers are going to benefit when Gallardo returns because they can finally ditch the miserable David Bush.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 03:01 AM)
Because he can't enjoy being "right" now.

Don't worry, it will go back up if the Cubs win. And the only reason I posted that was my wife asked me earlier today what the record of both teams were, as she's heard so much good about the Sox, and has heard a lot of people ask what's wrong with the Cubs.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 03:09 AM)
Why delete it then?

Why not accept that you're wrong occasionally?

Cause I posted the Cubs had won. For some reason, my dish isn't getting Comcast plus tonight, so I was going off of the 4-2 final that ESPNews inaccurately stated earlier. But don't worry, they have the lead now.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 11:10 PM)
Cause I posted the Cubs had won.

Really?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
Why do the Pirates even bother playing? They won't win more than 60 games this season. It's funny that the Sox have played well so far this year, and the Cubs have looked awful....and we're both 5-3.

Looks to me more like you were bashing the Pirates than acknowledging the Cubs.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 04:22 AM)
How is it baiting?

It's how you post.

Always posting like the dog of life took a s*** in your loafers.

What happened to only posting stuff with substance? I've never once been warned about my style of posting. Some people don't like it, others agree with it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 11:24 PM)
What happened to only posting stuff with substance? I've never once been warned about my style of posting. Some people don't like it, others agree with it.

That's because most probably have you on ignore.

As much as I would enjoy that option myself, I can't; since, as a mod I have to read everything.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 04:26 AM)
That's because most probably have you on ignore.

I didn't know we had the ignore function. That's cool, good for them. I honestly would love for anyone that has such a problem with me to PM me and discuss their difference of opinions. Some of the best conversations possible on this site are with people you completely disagree with. In the end, we're all White Sox fans. Sorry for the confusion tonight knightni with that Cubs post.

Edited by fathom

From rotoworld:

According to the St. Petersburg Times, Al Reyes was arrested early Friday morning "after falling down, picking a fight and spitting blood at the patrons of a popular Hyde Park night spot."

Reyes may have been out celebrating his 38th birthday, which was Thursday. The newspaper reports that Reyes "fell against a ceramic pot inside the bar" and thought that someone had pushed him, at which point he "began exchanging words" with a patron who eventually "punched Reyes in the face." In a news release, police said that Reyes then "began to spit blood on the people in the area and began to swing his arms about," at which point an officer reportedly twice used a taser to subdue him. Apr. 11 - 10:20 am et

:lol:

Ahem, I mean, how sad, terrible example, grumble grumble...

Also, Milwaukee has too many Villanuevas. Or Villanuevi. Whatever.