2008 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

Somehow Lou has determined in 2 games that it's time to change the lineup back, as he'll now hit Soriano 1st and Theriot 2nd. If he had a clue what he was doing, he'd hit Soriano 5th, Theriot 7th or 8th (depending on how long Pie lasts, since he can't hit), and move Fukodome to the 2nd spot. Problem for the Cubs is they don't have a leadoff hitter. Cubs need a win tomorrow though, to be immediately swept at home by your main rival in the division race isn't a good thing.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just made a bet with a friend. He is very confident that Johan Santana is on the downswing of his career. He actually bet me that Santana's ERA will be over 3.5 for the year. I can't help but feel like a shoe-in, unless there's some freak accident.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
Billingsley and Lincecum were both scratched from their starts tonight turning the game of the night into an unwatchable bore-fest. (aside from maybe a few young players on LA)

I turned it on at the start and saw they were BOTH replaced. Thought I had the days messed up and that would be tomorrows match up. What gives?

I know Kuo but who the heck is Valdez for SF?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Lincecum in for relief in the 4th inning.

Same goes for Billingsley. I suppose the 2 managers just decided to start the game off with relievers since there was a T-storm in the forecast.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
I turned it on at the start and saw they were BOTH replaced. Thought I had the days messed up and that would be tomorrows match up. What gives?

I know Kuo but who the heck is Valdez for SF?

Merkin Valdez was once a pretty highly touted prospect for the Giants but TJ surgery has set him back.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 05:47 AM)
Can someone give a scouting report on Nick Blackburn, whether from yesterday's game or a website? Nothing special from his minor league statistics. I'll f***ing lose it if he pitches well in the majors.

I've heard he's got pretty mediocre stuff and that he shouldn't be much more than a 4th or 5th starter. I'll try and catch the condensed game at 2 tomorrow, but I may not get much of it as it's only 30 minutes and I have a quiz at that time.

Actually, I completely lied and was looking at the wrong day. There is no condensed game on today. So I can't help you this time around.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)
Mike Hampton pulled from his start with an injury, again.

Do I even need to provide a link? Seriously? To a Hampton injury? Just find one.

Seriously, I was just watching the Braves/Pirates game and they showed him straining his pectoral muscle while warming up....he's seriously made of glass or is a total wuss.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
Seriously, I was just watching the Braves/Pirates game and they showed him straining his pectoral muscle while warming up....he's seriously made of glass or is a total wuss.

Considering how many surgeries he's had, i think it's the former.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
Considering how many surgeries he's had, i think it's the former.

If that were you though, considering what an absolute waste you've been for both the Rockies and the Braves since 2004 or whatever, wouldn't you try to go out and pitch anyways? Can you imagine him having to tell his coaches that once again, he was injured? They must have had a hard time not laughing...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
"When Rich Hill is on he's as good as anybody in baseball." - Bob Brenly, professional f***tard

Johan Santana, Brandon Webb, Jake Peavy, and Rich Hill. Hmmmmm.