Cloverfield thread

knightni

I don't know if I have anything against the marketing, I was just pointing it out. They've done a terrific job, and being a marketing professional myself, I love to see this kind of thing.

From the original website to the tidbits of the "monster" they are showing, they are building it up correctly and I'll want to rent this badboy.

Of course, by then all the secrets will be out and then it won't be nearly as cool.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you guys need to work on your internet searching skills..

I already read a review from the screening and I know what it looks like and etc.

The dude said there is no mention of slusho in the movie.

Highlight Here --> It is like an alien looking creature. Its gray in color. It has a long tail, and long front arms longer than the back legs. It has a human like head, the fangs hang out of the mouth over the lip like a bulldog. It has red pouch like things on the sides of its face. It has smaller arms on the chest. There are also smaller versions of the creature which are said to look like the bugs from Starship Troopers.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
Iam just tired of seeing NewYork blown up,frozen,deserted,on fire,in the dark,flooded by a giant wave or any other disaster that can happen to that city.It has been done too much especially here lately.

Agreed.

Mess up Minneapolis or something.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
shoot...

um...does anything happen in Idaho?

I think Idaho brought us Napolean Dynamite. If thats the case they have contributed way more than some other states. I wouldnt mind seeing Massachusetts get eaten by the Atlantic Ocean or something...at least the sports teams.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 02:04 AM)
Did it seem as short as the 1 hour 25 minutes was?

Not really. I'm not saying that as a bad thing, but the movie seemed like the perfect length. I was just annoyed by this one girl and her boyfriend who was taking shots of whiskey in the bathroom and came back for the last 25 minutes and was just talking up a storm.

The first 20 minutes are slow, but then after that, it's non-stop action. The movie ends abrupt, but that's a perfect ending since it's a first POV movie.

As far as the camera bobbling, it had to happen. Either a camcorder or a tv news report with bobbling cameras was going to happen. It also makes you feel the effects more. There's comedic relief too. Also, you're going to have a ton of questions when you leave the movie too.