Fields thought about walking away

rackemup

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
Well, I think that's the point. If there is a God, he probably doesn't care about your strikeout, your HR, your team winning the WS, your rap album, etc. etc.

Or, if he's going to get the credit for the good, he has to take the blame for the bad.

A pitcher and a hitter both pray that they will perform to the best of their ability. God answers their prayers. At that moment someones best is better than the other guys. No mystery.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pitcher and a hitter both pray that they will perform to the best of their ability. God answers their prayers. At that moment someones best is better than the other guys. No mystery.

.....and God does this all while helping singers, (including rappers) and actors win awards. Amazing.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)
.....and God does this all while helping singers, (including rappers) and actors win awards. Amazing.

I can't wait till people start praising L. Ron Hubbard when they win something. His sci-fi writing is just as good as the bible.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
I can't wait till people start praising L. Ron Hubbard when they win something. His sci-fi writing is just as good as the bible.

To some. People chose all sorts of ways to fill their brains and to believe in.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
I'd love for one of these guys to be interviewed after a loss and the interviewer to ask them "Why did god want you to lose today? Does he love the other team more?" or "Why did god make you give up that dinger in the 8th ?"

hey, god has to have a good time, too.

he's probably hanging out with the apostles, keeping it real and all, and says, "hey watch this."

*god whispers into the air*

"throw first-pitch fastball, it will work"

*apostles roar with laughter*

i mean, why wouldn't people believe this. we are talking about the guy who freaking invented humor.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)

he's probably hanging out with the apostles, keeping it real and all, and says, "hey watch this."

i mean, why wouldn't people believe this. we are talking about the guy who freaking invented humor.

He's not a guy...he's the father, son and holy spirit.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)

:cheers :lol:

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 10:39 AM)
Seventeen magainze...the bible...what's the difference?

For you, no difference at all. It would be difficult for some to understand why In God We Trust is on our currency and not In Seventeen We Trust. It would probably be difficult for some to understand why we formally used a Bible to swear in witnesses in court, instead of an issue of Seventeen Magazine. Perhaps centuries from now, Seventeen will have the same impact on history that the Bible has. I doubt it, but for those that can't see the difference, they probably would believe it.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
I'm far from a bible thumper. Haven't been to church in a couple years, but I think thats a pretty ignortant thing to say about something that a whole lot of people keep in high regard.

Some people are very excited when their issue of Seventeen arrives :lol:

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
I'm far from a bible thumper. Haven't been to church in a couple years, but I think thats a pretty ignortant thing to say about something that a whole lot of people keep in high regard.

Knowing that the KKK and other wack-job groups use that book to justify their extreme hatred, I don't think its very ignorant. I think that book is dangerous. And this coming from someone who went to catholic grade school, high school, and a jesuit university and got an A in an Islam class. I think my years of experience in life and school give me plenty of background to make such a statement.

And I'm a big fan of Seventeen. Good stuff.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
Knowing that the KKK and other wack-job groups use that book to justify their extreme hatred, I don't think its very ignorant. I think that book is dangerous. And this coming from someone who went to catholic grade school, high school, and a jesuit university and got an A in an Islam class. I think my years of experience in life and school give me plenty of background to make such a statement.

So because the KKK uses the Bible, it's a bad thing?

So, because I read the Bible, I'm also part of the KKK or some other wack-job group?

That's ignorant as hell too.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)

I think the schools you went to sucked.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
So because the KKK uses the Bible, it's a bad thing?

So, because I read the Bible, I'm also part of the KKK or some other wack-job group?

That's ignorant as hell too.

Yeah, I guess...I don't respect religion and that story guarantees Mr. Fields will never be one of my favorite players.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)

Where to start... :rolly

I have friends with PhDs in theology that wouldn't make the same claim of "knowledge" about the Bible, especially when you think an "A" in Islam class is going to enhance your position. People have justified their extreme hatred for all sorts of reasons.

Claiming Seventeen Magazine is the same as the Bible even from a secular standpoint is moronic at best. There are parts that are immeasurably some of the best poetry and prose ever written. From a philosophical standpoint, it has challenged people for 2k years. From a world changing standpoint, no other book has had the culture altering effects.

so, please...gmafb.

You:

ig·no·rance [ig-ner-uhns] –noun

the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

fool·ish (fōō'lĭsh) adj.

Lacking or exhibiting a lack of good sense or judgment; silly: foolish remarks. Resulting from stupidity or misinformation

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)
Where to start... :rolly

I have friends with PhDs in theology that wouldn't make the same claim of "knowledge" about the Bible, especially when you think an "A" in Islam class is going to enhance your position. People have justified their extreme hatred for all sorts of reasons.

Claiming Seventeen Magazine is the same as the Bible even from a secular standpoint is moronic at best. There are parts that are immeasurably some of the best poetry and prose ever written. From a philosophical standpoint, it has challenged people for 2k years. From a world changing standpoint, no other book has had the culture altering effects.

so, please...gmafb.

You:

The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, God...they all go into the same classification bucket for me.

Seventeen does have good dating tips...so I recommend.