East Region

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 08:09 PM)
I KNEW somebody would say that. I guess 60 points given up by the starters in 36 minutes isn't defense.

They haven't had the game on here. Just the rotating score.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 10:37 PM)
Well, a last thanks to Kelvin Sampson for building up our hopes by setting up on paper an excellent season and then finding out that he hid a land mine underneath that paper.

How's that for mixed angry metaphors?

Pretty good. How about he wrote on that paper with disappearing ink, like in Roger Rabbit? Nah, yours is better.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 10:37 PM)
Well, a last thanks to Kelvin Sampson for building up our hopes by setting up on paper an excellent season and then finding out that he hid a land mine underneath that paper.

How's that for mixed angry metaphors?

Blame Greenspan, Sampson should have never been hired. Anybody that followed him at OU knew this would happen at Indiana as well. Once a cheater, always a cheater. I must say I do feel bad for D.J. White though, he didn't sign up for this and it's sad to see his career end this way.

And people are going to blame Eric Gordon big time, I hope the IU athletic department (or Gordon himself) just comes out and admits he's been bad the last several weeks because he's playing with a broken wrist. I know it's his left wrist, but it's not coincidence his play has gone so downhill since he broke it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(The Bones @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
Eric Gordon 4 Most Outstanding Player!

8 PTS, 3/15 FG, 2/6 FT, 1 AST, 3 REB

He's still getting paid big time next year.............the scouts know why he's been so bad the last several weeks. I mean, Packer kept saying go to the basket all night in regards to Gordon, but it's just hard to do that when your off wrist is broken, he almost has to dribble right handed only. I actually feel kind of bad for him, he could have easily just sat out and saved face instead of playing handicapped and taking one for the team.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I'm still glad IU crashed and burned like this, karma is a b**** and they deserve it. But I still feel bad for a freshman who was great and a top 5 pick lock, and then played all these games with a broken wrist and made himself look bad in what I assume was him trying to help his team out (no other reason he'd play).

I'm not sure who thought IU had final four talent either. Even when Gordon was healthy, they are probably the 2nd most talented Big 10 team in Indiana, for starters.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 12:56 AM)
/all respectable IU fans look away (so all but 2 of you)

Eat s*** IU. Glad to see the mess Sampson started ended this way.

Sadly, I don't think it has ended yet.

And 101, I think it's a definite stretch to say Purdue is more talented than IU. I think IU is far more talented, but Purdue did a much better job of doing what's important -- winning games. I do fear the next few years though, what with the talent Purdue has, and what Illinois will have.

Also, I will say this...Armon Bassett is going to surprise a lot of people next year.

EDIT: Assuming Bassett is still here next year, of course.

Edited by farmteam

Bassett won't surprise me unless he's not really good, I think he could be an all league type player next year because he's a deadeye shooter and he'll have a lot more shots available with White and Gordon gone. A lot of people at IU think he's going to transfer though. As for the Purdue/IU thing, obviously White and Gordon (when healthy) are both way better than anybody Purdue has, but overall I'd go with the Boilers in the talent department. It could be debated though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 10:59 PM)
I'm still glad IU crashed and burned like this, karma is a b**** and they deserve it. But I still feel bad for a freshman who was great and a top 5 pick lock, and then played all these games with a broken wrist and made himself look bad in what I assume was him trying to help his team out (no other reason he'd play).

I'm not sure who thought IU had final four talent either. Even when Gordon was healthy, they are probably the 2nd most talented Big 10 team in Indiana, for starters.

Gordon's injury was certainly a hinderance. However, his basketball IQ didn't change. He was entirely too reckless before the injury and after. You'd think he'd change his play even a little bit if he couldn't dribble well with his left hand. He's just not that smart of a player. With that said, I am not singling him out. Everyone shares the blame but DJ. I'm very proud DJ White wore an Indiana University uniform. He represents exactly what college basketball is (or should be) all about.

#1 priority: get a coach.

#2 priority: retain the current players.

#3 priority: get Ebanks to re-commit.

I'm glad this season is over. I've got a lot of excitement for this offseason. Perhaps it's more anxiety, but I'm looking forward to the next couple months to get this train back on track.

Problem is, 101, Gordon was already struggling before he hurt his wrist.

I am not goign to bash Gordon, but it's fair to be realistic. Gordon was a very good player and a great freshman. But DJ White was by far the best player on the team. Gordon has lots of talent, but his game is not polished. He is explosive, yet too often reckless and sloppy. He has great range, but is not a consistent shooter and too often forces shots. I'm not sure he has a great feel for what a good shot and what is not sometimes. There were times that he made really bad shots covering up the poor decision making.

Gordon has talents and skills few players have and I am confident he will be a great player in the NBA in time. But I simply do not think he is ready right now to step into that league and succeed in a big way right now. I know the money is a draw and he has no clue who the next IU coach will be, but I truly believe he needs another year in college. He's talented enough that he'll get by without it, but another year would allow him to get better at the parts of his game that need improvement. The NBA can take anyone with potential. But I'd like to see him be ready to step into the league as a star and I certainly don't see that right now.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 12:20 PM)
Problem is, 101, Gordon was already struggling before he hurt his wrist.

I am not goign to bash Gordon, but it's fair to be realistic. Gordon was a very good player and a great freshman. But DJ White was by far the best player on the team. Gordon has lots of talent, but his game is not polished. He is explosive, yet too often reckless and sloppy. He has great range, but is not a consistent shooter and too often forces shots. I'm not sure he has a great feel for what a good shot and what is not sometimes. There were times that he made really bad shots covering up the poor decision making.

To me it looked like he still thought he could just take the game over like it was a high school game, and he played that way at times.

Gordon definitely has poor shot selection, but the vast majority of really good players do, which is why so many people find the NBA unwatchable. You are probably right he was struggling before the injury (I don't watch every Indiana game) but the overall and general stat dropoff post wrist injury is huge and made his already poor shot selection methods even worse.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
Why would I pick ND over Wash State? I hate them. Like I really hate Notre Dame.

I was thinking next year I'm going to just pick Universities I like. I'd love to be cheering for Texas A&M right now.

I swear Butler has not gotten a call. Tennessee keeps flailing their arms on every layup and I can't imagine there haven't been any fouls on these plays.

Oh well, the thugs live on to play another game. So sick of these Tennessee dbags.