West Region

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
I know the West is pretty awful, but why the heck would you pick Duke? No way could they possibly hnag with Xavier or UCLA.

Playing the favorites all the way doesn't usually win. My two longshot picks were Duke making the final four, (banking on coaching coming through) and Texas winning it all.

Now I'll wait for the second chance brackets :lol:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
This game has the feel that Duke has dominated yet they're only up 5. If WVU can stay out of foul trouble in the 2nd half, they're in solid shape.

Good call, although neither team really stayed out of foul trouble. DAMNIT I knew Duke would lose in the 2nd round, just should have taken West Virginia and not Arizona in the 1st. Glad to see Duke lose too, I'm just rooting for all hell to break loose and destroy all kinds of brackets (although I'm not sure why anybody would have picked Duke to even survive this weekend, they are garbage). Well that and I am human, so I hate Duke like everybody else.

Also, it's now undebateable that this is the worst region in the history of the 64 team tournament IMO. UCLA could practically win the west with it's reserves. And rebounding today was West Virginia 45, Duke 19. OUCH.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
I have them into the Elite 8 in the Soxtalk pool.

I do as well in my pay pool. I'm sure ESPN will act like it is some huge upset, but WV has been hot, while Duke has struggled as of late.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
Ehh -- if you watched even a bit of college basketball this season it was fairly easy to see Duke wasn't really a #2 seed. It's also amazing what happens when the refs decides to pull their heads out of Coach K's ass and actually call fouls on Duke.

Not much Duke coverage here.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
Not much Duke coverage here.

I'm not throwing stones in a glass house here -- I think I filled out a couple of brackets where I had them getting past this round (not to mention a bunch of other absolutely dumbass picks by me -- USC over K-State, for one). I didn't mean to throw it around as an insult, either.

I just can't believe how much joy I take in watching Duke lose.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
I'm not throwing stones in a glass house here -- I think I filled out a couple of brackets where I had them getting past this round (not to mention a bunch of other absolutely dumbass picks by me -- USC over K-State, for one). I didn't mean to throw it around as an insult, either.

I just can't believe how much joy I take in watching Duke lose.

I didn't think you were. I knew Duke was a risky pick. I also knew that not many people would have them past the second. I was looking for a couple teams to differentiate my picks from the crowd. Banked too much on Coach K. I understand the anti-Duke sentiment, but he runs one of the cleanest of the major b-ball programs, and I respect that.

Now my only hope is UT-Austin. Go Longhorns :headbang