Final Four Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely will be the most talented final four in history.

I think the UNC-Kansas game will be epic, but I wonder if Memphis and the way they have been playing lately will get the best of UCLA by 10+ points.

Dorsey guarding Love will be Love's toughest matchup, and Collison being flanked by 6'4 Rose will be tough.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 06:24 PM)
Definitely will be the most talented final four in history.

I think the UNC-Kansas game will be epic, but I wonder if Memphis and the way they have been playing lately will get the best of UCLA by 10+ points.

Dorsey guarding Love will be Love's toughest matchup, and Collison being flanked by 6'4 Rose will be tough.

I'll take 1982 with James Worthy, Jordan, Drexler, Ewing, and Olajuwon.

Well, it will be a while to see how good this group is, but I think all of these guys will be NBA bound below. I don't know that there will be the elite handful of talent like the 82 Final Four, but this set could produce up to 20 NBA players in my opinion.

Love

Collison

Westbrook

Mbah a Moute

Rose

Douglas-Roberts

Dorsey

Rush

Arthur

Collins

Chalmers

Lawson

Ellington

Hansbrough

Green

Other guys like Shipp, Jackson, Ginyard, Dozier, etc have a decent chance at being 2nd round selections this year or next.

Edited by Palehosefan

You can make a case for every team in the 4 to be a legit favorite. I'm thrilled that UNC made it, but the Kansas matchup is as rough as it gets. Memphis/UCLA as well. The best 4 teams all year, are all healthy and playing well and matched up for the title. Even if you don't have your team in this it should be great basketball for any hoop fan to enjoy.

Uncle Roy gets the side drama of facing off with his former team to boot, as if any side story was needed for these matchups.

Lawson vs. Collins/Robinson

Chalmers vs. Ellington

Rush vs. Ginyard/Green

Thompson/Stephenson vs. Arthur

Hansborough Vs. Jackson/Sasha

Quality matchups at every position.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
J. Shipp is a terrible basketball player.

Says the guy sitting on his couch watching. He has been inconsistent, and still averages double digit points, but to call him terrible is ridiculous. Gimme a break.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
Kansas vs memphis is going to be a sweet championship game

Maybe but basically every game in this tournament has sucked so I wouldn't expect it. And it is to bad Carolina couldn't have pissed themselves like this in 2005. Bastards

KU is playing out of their minds and Self had a great game plan but UNC's performance is one of the most pathetic final four performances ever. Did they even prepare for KU? Getting beat to every loose ball, no ball movement, stupid shots. Absolutely pathetic, they should be ashamed.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 12:27 AM)
Says the guy sitting on his couch watching. He has been inconsistent, and still averages double digit points, but to call him terrible is ridiculous. Gimme a break.

32 pct three point shooting for a guy who only takes uncontested jumpers is bad, considering he does nothing else on the court. I don't think UCLA hit a jump shot after the first 5 minutes of the game. And what does my ability have to do with saying Shipp is bad? It's not like I said I'm better than he is.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
KU is playing out of their minds and Self had a great game plan but UNC's performance is one of the most pathetic final four performances ever. Did they even prepare for KU? Getting beat to every loose ball, no ball movement, stupid shots. Absolutely pathetic, they should be ashamed.

yeah, I am still bitter over this http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxscore?gid=200504040267 myself. So this game has been pretty enjoyable . The only theory I can come with is, maybe Carolina felt overconfident given how Kansas struggled agains Davidson compared to how carolina has steamrolled the competition so far in the tourney.

Edited by rangercal