Buehrle (0-0) vs. Verlander (0-0)- KEEP IT UP!!

TitoMB345

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
I'd love to see this:

Swisher LF

Cabrera SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Quentin RF

Anderson CF

Ramirez 2B

Our team is so badass that we don't even need another hitter. s*** f*** that, not even another player in the infield dammit! :D

And I've know people are giving their imput on what they want to see today. Even though it's Sunday this is a nationally telivised game and Ozzie knows that. So it will be interesting to see who he sends out there. (obviously AJ will be back behind the plate)

Mark, I say take those cats, skin them, and use their fur to keep hundreds warm.

For those who asked...no I don't think we see Anderson or Alexei either today or tomorrow. Today is a national TV game and tomorrow is the home opener. I think we see the same lineup that has won the last 3 games (except no Hall)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 04:34 PM)
I'd love to see this:

Swisher LF

Cabrera SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Quentin RF

Anderson CF

Ramirez 2B

dye needs to be in there...hes 9 for 20 with 3 HR lifetime off of verlander

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
dye needs to be in there...hes 9 for 20 with 3 HR lifetime off of verlander

interesting quotes from Verlander:

Justin Verlander got a no-decision in his first start against Kansas City on Opening Day.

But Verlander has been relentless about trying to improve, and it showed when he talked about facing the White Sox, a nemesis for him in the past.

"I got killed by them for a while, especially Jim Thome and Jermaine Dye," Verlander said. "I've watched every at-bat they've had against me a lot of times. And I've really worked on making the adjustments I need to make, not just against them but against the whole league.

we might see a different style of pitching from verlander tonight

Alexei Ramirez will be in Center for the Sox -- Swish and Dye at the Corners

INF is the regular one we see.

For the Tigers, Inge is playing Center, Miggy is back at 3rd and Sheffield will be at DH

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 04:34 PM)

For the Tigers, Inge is playing Center, Miggy is back at 3rd and Sheffield will be at DH

jesus christ, taking out quentin for ramirez? unreal...

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 04:34 PM)

Inge at center? He's damn athletic, but idk how he is out there. I'm sure Lexi will get some love from the ESPN announcers and provide some interesting observations on him even though Quentin should be out there.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
Inge at center? He's damn athletic, but idk how he is out there. I'm sure Lexi will get some love from the ESPN announcers and provide some interesting observations on him even though Quentin should be out there.

he's better than cabrera defensively at 3rd, and probably worse than clete thomas in CF

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)

He's a real good CF. The funny thing is he probably uses the same glove in CF that he uses at 3B. Its gigantic. The biggest infielder's glove I've ever seen.

Talking about setting up a guy for failure.

Why does Uribe get the start again?

Alexi will have faced C.C., Carmona and Verlander in his three opportunites?

Why even change the line-up that won three straight? Except to have Hall s far away from a line-up as possible.

They need to put Laexi and Anderson in AAA and find some scrub to ride the bench as a 4th OF.

There is no need to sit guys other than usual rest and the other guys should be in AAA getting AB's.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
I am displeased that Carlos Quentin will not be in the lineup this evening so Alexei Ramirez can play CF.

Yeah me too. I was surprise to see Inge at CF when I was posting it, but its from the ESPN on my phone. But I would love to see CQ playing since he has just put a spark into this team since he has been inserted into it plus hes my favorite player while my other one is detouring the minors

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 05:07 PM)
it's pure idiotic to have Uribe in there over Quentin. Quentin should be LF, Swisher in CF, and Ramirez at 2B...

Yeah, Im pretty surprised by this lineup. I do wonder if maybe the Sox don't want to give Quentin an every day starting job for a while b.c of his shoulder. I know he looks fully healed to all of us, maybe they are just siding with caution though.

On another note, I wonder how short Uribe's leash is. To me, he really isn't looking like he turned any corners this offseason... if Alexei starts to do better with the time he is given I would love to end up seeing him and Ozuna splitting time at 2b/ backing up the left side of the IF which would allow Quentin to take over a starting role in LF.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
it's pure idiotic to have Uribe in there over Quentin. Quentin should be LF, Swisher in CF, and Ramirez at 2B...

It's Ozzie, seriously, what do you expect? The guy has consistently proven he can't put the best lineup on the field at any time.

QUOTE(southsidehawkeye @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
On another note, I wonder how short Uribe's leash is. To me, he really isn't looking like he turned any corners this offseason... if Alexei starts to do better with the time he is given I would love to end up seeing him and Ozuna splitting time at 2b/ backing up the left side of the IF which would allow Quentin to take over a starting role in LF.

Between Toby Hall's inability to do pretty much anything and Uribe's constant offensive brain farts and "veteran presence" at 2B, I am not sure who is a bigger waste of a roster spot.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 06:24 PM)
Well, if Alexei can hit a fastball, here's his shot.

I still don't like it either.

I actually hate it.

Absolutely nothing against Ramirez but he has no business out there at this point in time with far superior/more polished players needing to get ABs.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 06:18 PM)
Uribe still has a terrible approach to the plate. He has that open stance, and he is trying to pull everything, but his bat is soooo very slow he can't. Why oh why didn't we let whoever claim him have him???

Uribe's problem isn't so much bat speed, it's the fact that he will swing at anything that's within a foot and a half of the strike zone. When he does make contact it tends to be either a deep shot to the gap, or it doesn't stay in the park.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
I really don't see anywhere that the starting lineups have been posted on the internet? How sure are we that Quentin isn't playing today?

no one said the linups .. I just told you the depth