Your first place Chicago White Sox!

southsider2k5

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade everyone while they are at an all-time high :lolhitting

Great game to watch. I do not get to see many, and settled in with small expectations. Wow. This team looks good, but it is hard to look bad winning 13-2

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
I have a $50 bet going with my Cub fan friend (who's usually pretty intelligent on baseball and the Sox) that the Sox will finish better than the Royals this year.

I think the Sox will finish ahead of the Royals, but KC isn't that terrible this year. If the Sox win less than 75 they won't finish ahead of the Royals. I wouldn't put $50 on that fact.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 03:42 AM)
I think the Sox will finish ahead of the Royals, but KC isn't that terrible this year. If the Sox win less than 75 they won't finish ahead of the Royals. I wouldn't put $50 on that fact.

I think their offense is a ways off still, but that pitching staff is turning into a pretty damn talented one. They are going to be a pain in the ass all year long, and with a couple solid additions, could possibly be a force as soon as next year.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 04:24 AM)
I think their offense is a ways off still, but that pitching staff is turning into a pretty damn talented one. They are going to be a pain in the ass all year long, and with a couple solid additions, could possibly be a force as soon as next year.

Their offense has Ross Gload. They require no other additions. :D

Good to see the Sox in first going into the home opener, which I shall be attending. GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!!!!!

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 07:00 AM)
I'm not getting too carried away, but the team has been fun to watch for the most part so far.

:gosox2: :gosox2:

I am gonna get carried away, might as well as enjoy it. I know a lot of us have the feeling of impending doom, but it is nice to shake that off and just be proud of the first week these guys have put together.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 01:42 AM)

Royals have a pretty darn good 1 through 3 (if it stays healthy) in the rotation and a nice back end of the pen. They will for sure finish better than the Twins. If the Sox play like they are, the Royals will be kind of by themselves in 4th with the other 3 teams battling for the division and a wild card spot.

I expect us to be in contention for the playoffs near the trade deadline and I think we should trade for another starting pitcher to help with the back end of the rotation, provided we can swing something given we do not have as many spects to deal (maybe Brian Anderson).

I fully expect Kenny to be in full stealth mode anyways....under the radar.

Edited by sox-r-us

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 11:29 AM)
Royals have a pretty darn good 1 through 3 (if it stays healthy) in the rotation and a nice back end of the pen. They will for sure finish better than the Twins. If the Sox play like they are, the Royals will be kind of by themselves in 4th with the other 3 teams battling for the division and a wild card spot.

Agreed.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 07:00 AM)
I'm not getting too carried away, but the team has been fun to watch for the most part so far.

:gosox2: :gosox2:

I understand this point of view.... but if Danks (or someone) is a real #3, I have all I need to see to believe that they can hijack the division. I mean, there are enough guys with MLB success in this lineup to make you think they're going to score a ton of runs.

Edited by Princess Dye