Your first place Chicago White Sox!

southsider2k5

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2008 -> 06:28 AM)
Minny came back in the 9th to beat KC. So...

29-23, +2 on MIN, +5.5 on CLE, +7.5 on DET, +8.5 on KC

KC is making a loss into an art form.

Minnesota has allowed more runs than they've scored, so more than likely their record will adjust.

Ok, NOW I'll start paying attention to this thread. Baseball season has actually started, and records and batting averages are meaningful.

That being said... the Sox are in first place.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 29, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
not if we keep losing to them.

????? We haven't played them this year. Normally you have to lose to them first before you can "keep" to losing them.

In 2007 we were 12-6 vs them, compare that to DET and CLE who were 11-7 vs KC, and MIN who was 9-9 vs them. So I don't know where you get the "keep losing" part from. Last year it was our record vs the NL (4-14) and SEA/BOS (2-14) that killed us.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 29, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)
????? We haven't played them this year. Normally you have to lose to them first before you can "keep" to losing them.

In 2007 we were 12-6 vs them, compare that to DET and CLE who were 11-7 vs KC, and MIN who was 9-9 vs them. So I don't know where you get the "keep losing" part from. Last year it was our record vs the NL (4-14) and SEA/BOS (2-14) that killed us.

I believe he was referring to MIN, not KC.

Although even in that case, we're 3-4 against them so far this year. Not like we're getting pummelled or something.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
I believe he was referring to MIN, not KC.

Although even in that case, we're 3-4 against them so far this year. Not like we're getting pummelled or something.

Good catch, my bad.

What makes the Sox record even more amazing is the Road games.

Right now the Sox have played the 2nd most Road Games (31) and will have the most Road Games played by the end of the TB series (34) - 61%.

In comparison, Cleveland has only played 21 Road Games and Minnesota has played 25.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 30, 2008 -> 05:59 AM)
What makes the Sox record even more amazing is the Road games.

Right now the Sox have played the 2nd most Road Games (31) and will have the most Road Games played by the end of the TB series (34) - 61%.

In comparison, Cleveland has only played 21 Road Games and Minnesota has played 25.

Also in comparison, the Cubs have played all their games at home, and about 50 percent against the Pirates.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 30, 2008 -> 05:40 AM)
Also in comparison, the Cubs have played all their games at home, and about 50 percent against the Pirates.

Nope, only 31 at home and 12 vs PIT. Man you are way off.

We also currently own the best interleague record!

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 30, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
Jesus, when are we playing KC? Unless I'm forgetting, I don't think we've even played them yet this year O_O

Careful what you wish for. They still have a nice stable of pitchers that the Sox have minimal experience against. I am not saying the Sox won't beat them, but nothing is automatic in this league, especially with this inconsistent offense.