Vazquez (0-1) vs. Blackburn (0-1): HOME OPENER!

TitoMB345

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
And with Swisher being able to play 1st, and having good defensive OF on the bench, there are actually options to use in their spots, unlike the last few years.

Yup.

Whether he's ready or not, Anderson should be in CF these next 2 games, Swisher should be at 1b, and Thome and Konerko should get some extra time to relax for a day.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
Wow, Thome and Konerko are killing this team right now.

We're going to head into a phase where some people on this board are going to want Swisher at 1b and Owens in CF. It will at first be called the dumbest idea on earth, and then eventually (maybe not immediately).... one of Paul/Jim will be declared done and those people will not seem so dumb.

I have saved us the need to watch all these games.

Hey if we get Anderson in, with Swisher at 1b, we can have a 1b leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
We're going to head into a phase where some people on this board are going to want Swisher at 1b and Owens in CF. It will at first be called the dumbest idea on earth, and then eventually (maybe not immediately).... one of Paul/Jim will be declared done and those people will not seem so dumb.

I have saved us the need to watch all these games.

Hey if we get Anderson in, with Swisher at 1b, we can have a 1b leadoff hitter.

Nah, lets just put Owens at 1B. Make the transition easier. :)

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)
I think that was a subtle knock at the ump.

I don't know about the first comment.

Fly to center. 2 out. Morneau up.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
Correct. However their combined .183 average have hurt this team.

Eh, wants Thome starts struggling in clutch situations I'll b****. He's had some huge hits these last few games.

You guys are looking at this wrong. This is the right situation, having half of your lineup slumping while the other half is hitting. There'll be plenty of games where Thome-Konerko carry us while AJ-Crede-Uribe are scuffling. It's better this way.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
Eh, wants Thome starts struggling in clutch situations I'll b****. He's had some huge hits these last few games.

I'm not b****ing yet but it is starting to get kinda frustrating to watch.

QUOTE (rcpweiner @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
You guys are looking at this wrong. This is the right situation, having half of your lineup slumping while the other half is hitting. There'll be plenty of games where Thome-Konerko carry us while AJ-Crede-Uribe are scuffling. It's better this way.

This is true. It'd just be nice to get these guys going sooner rather than later.