Stadium Observations

joeynach

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 09:43 AM)
Having one beer is just not something I could do. Ever.

I had a few in the parking lot and lots of food...so, I just didn't bother. I saved a lot of money. Everything seemed way more expensive. I remember a few years ago buying a beer for $4.75...and it is now $6.50. I think 2005 was $4.75.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
Its still there - it just said "Pitch Count" with the number under it. Which was sort of dumb, since the pitch count is already on 2 of the band boards along the edge of the UD.

I don't know...I remember having to turn my head from my seat, to see it, and now it was blank. I'll check it out again on Friday night, when we make the Tigers 0-10.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)
I had a few in the parking lot and lots of food...so, I just didn't bother. I saved a lot of money. Everything seemed way more expensive. I remember a few years ago buying a beer for $4.75...and it is now $6.50. I think 2005 was $4.75.

Yeah the beers just continue to rise in price. I went last year on my 21st birthday and spent a fortune. Lucky I got 5 dollar tickets on ebay because we were so terrible.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 09:50 AM)
Yeah the beers just continue to rise in price. I went last year on my 21st birthday and spent a fortune. Lucky I got 5 dollar tickets on ebay because we were so terrible.

If that's how much our beers are...Yankee Stadium must be $10.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 11:50 AM)
hey there's a simple way to not have to pay $7.25 for a beer at the game.

Don't buy them... beer sales go down enough, maybe they'll wise up and drop the price to a more acceptable level.

That'll never happen, because everyone else will just keep buying them.

You'd have to unionize beer drinkers...and I for one, will *not* join that stupid union no matter how expensive it gets. :P

Anyone know an email address we can ask someone in stadium or baseball operations of the sox we can ask about the pitch speed. I would be really disappointed if they all of a sudden decided to get rid of the pitch speed in the park. I dont think Boyer is the guy to ask, I believe the VP of Stadium Operations is Tim Buzzard, but most likely its someone else in the dept who would need to be contacted. I guess some ppl here can also ask their ticket reps to ask on their behalf.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)

It was 5.25 I believe in 2004-2005, maybe even 5.75

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
Heard back from my ticket rep. As he understands it, the pitch speed being replaced by the pitch count is not permanent, and the speed indicator should return soon.

Thank You Sir.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
Its mind-boggling how fast the price is going up.

Seriously it is, inflation is like what 2-3% on average. Yet the price of a beer has gone up 75-80% in the last 3 seasons. Sounds more like greed than simple economics, though we have seen much higher payrolls. Yet, no one from the team has acknowledged any sort of link between the price of concessions and parking to the amount of payroll the team can absorb.

QUOTE (max power @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
Do the sox make money off the beer or does the stadium owner, whoever that is?

I believe everyone does, everyone gets a cut. The team, the concessions contractor, the stadium owner, etc.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
Seriously it is, inflation is like what 2-3% on average. Yet the price of a beer has gone up 75-80% in the last 3 seasons. Sounds more like greed than simple economics, though we have seen much higher payrolls. Yet, no one from the team has acknowledged any sort of link between the price of concessions and parking to the amount of payroll the team can absorb.

What do they need to acknowledge? The Sox have the 5th highest payroll in major league baseball. It has gone up very close to 50% since 2005. For the one Chicago franchise that puts all of its profits back on to the field, that means they need to get the money from somewhere... Yes winning has its price. For all of the people who were pissed when we had a middle of the pack payroll, this is the price you pay the piper. We could go back to having cheap concessions, cheap parking, and a half empty stadium, but that would also require the team to go back to a $75 million payroll. There is cost for everything. You want to run with the big dogs, it will cost you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 08:47 AM)
What do they need to acknowledge? The Sox have the 5th highest payroll in major league baseball. It has gone up very close to 50% since 2005. For the one Chicago franchise that puts all of its profits back on to the field, that means they need to get the money from somewhere... Yes winning has its price. For all of the people who were pissed when we had a middle of the pack payroll, this is the price you pay the piper. We could go back to having cheap concessions, cheap parking, and a half empty stadium, but that would also require the team to go back to a $75 million payroll. There is cost for everything. You want to run with the big dogs, it will cost you.

Wow. Jerry Reinsdorf and Bud Selig just added you to their Christmas card list.