Danks (0-0) vs. Baker (1-0): MAKE IT SIX!

TitoMB345

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 01:18 AM)
I think much of this season will ride on whether or not the Sox can squeeze out another starting pitcher by trading away prospects from our lowly farm system.

that won't happen....we're living or dying with this starting 5.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)

The only one that I think it makes any sense to try to move is Contreras. If someone will take his contract, then it makes sense to try to find a replacement. It doesn't make sense even medium to short term to move Danks or Floyd, because even if all they do is learn a little bit, their value will keep going up the next few years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)

Well, do you think this starting 5 can get us to the playoffs? I think Danks/Floyd/Contreras are all good #4 and #5 starters but I don't know that you can get away with having all 3 of them in the same rotation.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
Well, do you think this starting 5 can get us to the playoffs? I think Danks/Floyd/Contreras are all good #4 and #5 starters but I don't know that you can get away with having all 3 of them in the same rotation.

To the playoffs- yes. Anywhere in them- no.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
Danks just wasn't himself.. I'm not gonna question him after this outing.

Me either. It's going to take until at least late May to get a good handle on what kind of pitcher he's going to be and what adjustments he's made.

That being said, I will look forward to the tone of the threads until his next start which will be something along the lines of "KW needs to DFA Danks and trade Fields for a pitcher"

I hate the Twins so much. Their Triple-A club (Rochester Red Wings) play here, and so all I ever see on the sports page is about Twinkie prospects. At least Liarno got shelled in his rehab start for them.

Anyhow, if Masset can eat up some innings and keep the score where it is, we are still in this. Opening Day anyone?