4/16 Gamethread: Sox (8-5) at Orioles (8-6); 6:05; WCIU

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
4 runs allowed in the last 46 innings, all I can say is wow. Only 4 HRs allowed and 0 Blown Saves.

The last time through our rotation, our whole pitching staff has an ERA of 0.8, and our Starters have an ERA of .74.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
The last time through our rotation, our whole pitching staff has an ERA of 0.8, and our Starters have an ERA of .74.

Now thats impressive!! Keep it up Buerhle, Javy, Danksy, Josey and G-Floyd!

Did Jose pitch quickly tonight?

I'm assuming yes.

If so ... man, that's the formula. Somebody needs to keep reminding him or kicking him in the butt to do it every game.

If he didn't pitch quickly tonight then ignore this note.

Didn't get to watch much of the game tonight (or any of his ST starts), but I thought I saw him changing his arm angle based on the batter. From reading this board and hearing what Rongey has had to deal with it, I was under the impression that he was almost exclusively sidearm this year. If thats the case, could it have been the difference (other than the O's not being Detroits 1-9)?

Jose doing what he did today is just awesome. I knew he had it in him. Don't know if there's anyone on this team I'm pulling for more to do well because of all the chicken littles who throw hissy fits every time he's on the hill.

As Detroit proved today, it's still far too early to either start saving for playoff tickets, or blowing money you had saved for playoff tickets on some nice bottles of single barrell Jack. It's been encouraging thus far.