4/20 Gamethread: Sox (10-7) at Rays (8-10), 12:40 CSN

MHizzle85

QUOTE (Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
When Danks is a FA, Borass is going to make him a ton of money if he keeps pitching this way.

Obviosuly the Sox won't be signing him to an extension then if Boorass is in the equation

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Boone did is come back from that Orioles fiasco loss and also do what we want our relief corp to do in all games we are in for a win. He shut them down 1-2-3. No fooling around giving up the BB and a hit or more, which is too often how these games are getting closed out. Nice job by Boone and McDouglas yesterday too

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
Considering the problems that the Sox have had in Tampa in recent years, and the way they got handled yesterday, this is a really nice game for the Sox

They were undefeated in Tampa last year. But I do remember Billy Koch.............................

It is good to see the Sox rebound from a loss like they have been doing. If we can avoid any extended losing strask I think we will be in this thing till the end. I have been pleasently surprised by this team and especially Floyd and Danks.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
Thome raising his average 50 pts in one game. Now we need Paulie to follow suit.

I'm not sure, but I think having Dye behind him today helped get him a few more fastballs. It's been pretty easy to pitch junk to Thome lately and get to PK.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
6-13. They will have to go 89-54 the rest of the way to reach 95 wins (.622 pct).

They didn't really come back to win like I thought. I swear gameday said toronto was down 3-0 like 15 minutes ago and that score never happened.

Either way, the tigers lost. That's good to see.

Edited by max power

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)
I'm not sure, but I think having Dye behind him today helped get him a few more fastballs. It's been pretty easy to pitch junk to Thome lately and get to PK.

You're probably right. I wouldn't mind seeing Thome bat 3rd, then Dye followed by Paulie, AJ, Crede, then CQ.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (max power @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)
They didn't really come back to win like I thought. I swear gameday said toronto were down 3-0 like 15 minutes ago and that score never happened.

Either way, the tigers lost. That's good to see.

Game day had a score line on the front page of Chisox.com showing Texas playing the Cubs. I don't know what that was about. But, sometimes they can make things confusing