White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/22, 7:11, CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this bit on espn.com there still isnt any news on if ARod will be playing during the series opener tonight (or for that matter, be available for the rest of the series). He is going to be looked at again today to make the final decision.

The Yanks' lineup looks a lot less scary with ARod out/hurting, the whole situation gives me a good feeling about this series.

Go Sox!

Go Contreras!

QUOTE (southsidehawkeye @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
According to this bit on espn.com there still isnt any news on if ARod will be playing during the series opener tonight (or for that matter, be available for the rest of the series). He is going to be looked at again today to make the final decision.

The Yanks' lineup looks a lot less scary with ARod out/hurting, the whole situation gives me a good feeling about this series.

Go Sox!

Go Contreras!

You probably won't hear about ARod's availability. It will probably be a game time decision, and if he's not in the lineup there will always be the threat of him coming of the bench as a PH. If I'm the Yanks, I don't show my cards before it's time to play them.

I think this is a big game, if we win this one, the series will be looking good for the other two games. Let's go get em Jose. I hate Wang too, We need to really try and get the pitch count up against him as we shouldn't be able to hit any homers off him.

I'll be at the game tonight. Sec. 137. Hoping for no rain/long delays.

Also, looking forward to seeing the Championship Monument.

Hoping to see a good pitching performance from Jose.

:gosox4: :bringit :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox3: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Hanky Panky @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 01:21 PM)
I think we have struggled against Wang in the past... correct?

Swisher: 0-2, BB

Cabrera: 2-10, K

Thome: 2-6

Konerko: 1-7, 2B, BB, K

Dye: 2-9, 2B, RBI

Pierzynski: 0-5, BB

Quentin: 0-3, K

Crede: 2-5, HR, RBI

Uribe: 2-6, RBI, 2 K

Ozuna: 1-2, K

Hall: 2-8, RBI, K

Total: 14/63, .222/.279/.302/.581, 8 K, 3 BB

QUOTE (southsidehawkeye @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 01:33 PM)
I believe that last year he went 2-0 against us here in Chicago.

yep - others beat me to it.

i think that's either in line with or the complete opposite of his career. If memory serves me right he has some crazy home/away splits

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
i think that's either in line with or the complete opposite of his career. If memory serves me right he has some crazy home/away splits

This year his home/away splits are quite different (1.00 era on the road vs 5+ era at home), but thats only in 1 away start and two at home. Over the last three years his numbers are better at home (3.04) than away (4.62) - however, he is rocking a 2.65 era here at US Cellular in three starts (with a record of 2-0).

This is probably our toughest pitching match up of the series, but I think we'll be able to put up some runs. Hopefully Jose can keep the Yanks to just a run or two tonight.

Edit: as I gave his stats a second look, I noticed that US Cellular and the Metrodome seem to be his favorite places to pitch (at least according to his ERA). I think we need to change that tonight. :gosoxretro:

Edited by southsidehawkeye

My sister is going to the game tonight, which is a good omen. She has went to at least 1 Sox game since 1993 and the has never seen a White Sox loss while in attendance. Soooo hopefully her streak continues and the Sox continue to play ball the way they have been this year!

:gosox1:

QUOTE (kageman129 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
My sister is going to the game tonight, which is a good omen. She has went to at least 1 Sox game since 1993 and the has never seen a White Sox loss while in attendance. Soooo hopefully her streak continues and the Sox continue to play ball the way they have been this year!

:gosox1:

And I'll be there...we can't lose. Wang can suck my wang! Go Sox!

QUOTE (Cowch @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
I hope they beat Wang senseless. I really don't like him. idk why. I think it just frustrates me that he can have almost a 4 ERA and still come close to 20 wins.

He's Just a Winner!

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 01:11 PM)
Thought I heard on the Score that A-Rod wasn't in today, but I was half asleep so it could have also been something else.

Just printed my ticket out (damn I miss my 27-gamer...). There's talk of rain today?

Yup...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

CHICAGO -- Alex Rodriguez and his wife, Cynthia, celebrated the birth of a 7-pound, 2-ounce daughter in Miami late Monday night.

"We are thrilled with the birth of our second daughter and the blessing of having two beautiful, healthy daughters in our lives," Rodriguez said.

A-Rod will not be in the Yankees lineup tonight or Wednesday as he spends time with his now expanded family. He is expected to rejoin the team Thursday in Chicago.