4/26 Doubleheader Thread: Sox vs Orioles CSN, WGN

knightni

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
I am hoping, if anything, this is the straw that breaks the camel's back game for Uribe and Ramirez.

It won't be. You'll continue to see either one or both of them tossed out there, because we don't really have anyone to play second at this point. Maybe Bourgeois or Getz? You could platoon either one of them with Pablo Ozuna, since Bourgeois is a switch hitter and Getz is a lefty (IIRC).

Edited by almagest

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
Whatever, this team is awful. I'm actually considering watching the draft over the game, and I only get to watch one game a week.

I turned on the draft in the 8th... only thing more annoying than how the Sox are playing is listening to this boob Berman.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
Oh well the Sox were playing over their heads for a while there and now they are coming back down to Earth.

Yeah, Swisher, Cabrera, Thome, Konerko, and Uribe were all having career starts. Only AJ and Crede have really been off to fast starts. This hitting should be doing better than they are now.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
lets see.

Ramirez in CF over Anderson.

Uribe is basically cemented at 2b.

Maybe that report of Ozzie playing favorites to latin players is true...

I don't think there's any question that he relates better to minorities. I know plenty of people will jump in and say this is bogus, and everyone in entitled to their opinion on it.

QUOTE (chisoxfan79 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
I quit if we dont hit Trax

I'm glad I pay month to month for mlb.tv. I love watching the Sox, but I hate watching them play so terribly.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
I don't think there's any question that he relates better to minorities. I know plenty of people will jump in and say this is bogus, and everyone in entitled to their opinion on it.

I used to think it was BS, but there has to be validity to it. Even if it is in his ,Ozzie's, subconsious.

When Dye came out of the game the other night and Uribe was put in and Alexei to CF, that was garbage. Putting Uribe in the game over BA was awful especially when Ozzie said before the game he was giving him the game off.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)

I kinda just blew it off but there is no logical explanation on why Uribe still gets defended by Ozzie and why a guy who cant hit MLB pitching is playing CF over our best CF'er.