Carlos Quentin

joejoesox

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CQ has been beyond amazing. We just have to hope he stays patient and consistant behind the plate. It's funny when in a dire situation, out of all the players we have at the top of the order, I find myself wishing CQ/Crede will be coming up to bat to save us, rather than Konerko, Thome, Dye, etc...

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 10:25 PM)
The next time Carlos gets HBP with the bases loaded he will set the record with 4 times in one season. Carlos Quentin, only 12K to 14BB and his average up to .312. Showing great power and patience. I am still in shock at how well this trade is turning out, granted it's early.

This is even more amazing when you think about the fact that he swings (and misses) at strike one so often. He has such an uncanny ability to alter his approach mid-swing.

I love him.

Carlos in the Baltimore series:

8 for 12, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 3 walks, 2 steals, 2 doubles.

Rose average from .246 to .312, OBP from .380 to .454, OPS from .918 to 1.077

Now THAT is a series. He's actually a pretty decent fielder with decent speed as well, and has a very good arm. He will hit some doldrums as many do their 2nd time around the league, but this kid seems like a long term solution in LF who can be a guy that puts up an OPS in the 900's for a long time. Now I see why Kenny said "getting Carlos Quentin was one of our main priorities" this offseason.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)
Carlos in the Baltimore series:

8 for 12, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 3 walks, 2 steals, 2 doubles.

Rose average from .246 to .312, OBP from .380 to .454, OPS from .918 to 1.077

Now THAT is a series. He's actually a pretty decent fielder with decent speed as well, and has a very good arm. He will hit some doldrums as many do their 2nd time around the league, but this kid seems like a long term solution in LF who can be a guy that puts up an OPS in the 900's for a long time. Now I see why Kenny said "getting Carlos Quentin was one of our main priorities" this offseason.

If he's been merely decent in LF then he's been a disappointment defensively. I don't watch enough games to be able to tell how good a player is defensively. I've seen him botch a few balls, but that's about it.

I also see him as the future RFer of this club, not LF. His arm is strong enough to play there, and that I have seen.

OK, so I have a question then. It has been much discussed that he is an above average fielder and has a cannon arm. So why is he in LF and Swish in RF with Dye out, I would think if he is as good as has been reported they would flip flop. Is it because they want to protect his shoulder after the injury or something else?

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
OK, so I have a question then. It has been much discussed that he is an above average fielder and has a cannon arm. So why is he in LF and Swish in RF with Dye out, I would think if he is as good as has been reported they would flip flop. Is it because they want to protect his shoulder after the injury or something else?

Because it's temporary. JD is the RF right now, and he's not going to be out much longer. Swish is already moving all over the field, so the Sox might as well keep f***ing with his head. Quentin is locked in at LF for 2008, might as well keep him there.