Masset (0-0) vs. Blackburn (1-1)- 12:10 CDT, CSN

TitoMB345

From the Trib:

The Sox were 12-11 in April 2007 en route to a 90-loss season. But the pitchers and hitters are maintaining their confidence that better days are ahead.

“Once everything clicks, it’s going to be even more dangerous because we’re in every game,” catcher Toby Hall said.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
From the Trib:

The Sox were 12-11 in April 2007 en route to a 90-loss season. But the pitchers and hitters are maintaining their confidence that better days are ahead.

“Once everything clicks, it’s going to be even more dangerous because we’re in every game,” catcher Toby Hall said.

And of course it is the exact same team, with the exact same injury situations. Well, we might as well call it a season, because Nick Masset blew this season for the Sox today for sure.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
From the Trib:

So, what you're telling me is that the worst thing that could have happened to the Sox was to have a winning record in April?

IMO the biggest disappointment on this team, and the most guilty player... offensively, is Orlando Cabrera. I can't count on two hands how many times he's come up with Swisher on base, and yet it takes a Thome double or HR to drive Swish in from 1st. OC hasn't done **** for this team this year, so far.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
IMO the biggest disappointment on this team, and the most guilty player... offensively, is Orlando Cabrera. I can't count on two hands how many times he's come up with Swisher on base, and yet it takes a Thome double or HR to drive Swish in from 1st. OC hasn't done **** for this team this year, so far.

Plus he slides into second base on a DP like a sissy. He's made a few good plays on defense, but he's also made some bonehead plays and on a whole has been disappointing on defense.

I thought Cabrera was a good acquisition but so far I am very disappointed in what he's done in a Sox uniform. I hope he just got off to a slow start...