MIN (16-14, W5) @ CWS (14-16, L6), 7:11pm

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
Man on third, less than two outs.... a Sacrifice Fly? you mean he didnt strike out, hit into a double play, or popout on the infield?

Thats unfair.

I thought it was bizarre that a guy scored all the way from first but no Twin scored him on a hit that inning.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
I am looking at the ESPN box score and they have that as an earned run. How can that be an earned run?

Walk

Error - to 2nd

Flyout - advance to 3rd

Sac fly - score

Typical Minny way to score runs.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
First and second nobody out and the Twins swing at the first pitch twice....

another unearned run

Oz no hit and run

What did Swisher do, I stepped away.

Its debatable whether or not it would have mattered, but, he lost the ball in the lights for a second and didnt get into a good throwing position to attempt a play at the plate.

I dont think he would have had a shot anyways.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
Its debatable whether or not it would have mattered, but, he lost the ball in the lights for a second and didnt get into a good throwing position to attempt a play at the plate.

I dont think he would have had a shot anyways.

why is Swisher considered an RBI guy? He needs ot get new bats as they break every time he touches the ball.

Here comes a pop out on the infield.

Bert Blyleven just made an interesting observation. He was talking about slumping players, advancing runners, etc....and he said with the group the Sox have now they have had success early with the home run and being a bunch of "mashers"...he was watching them take batting practice and said nobody really worked on opposite field hitting and just seemed to go up there swinging as hard as the could.

Hmmmmm...who asked what does a hitting coach have to do with guys in slumps?!? Just thought it was in interesting observation from an outsider.