Twinks (17-15) @ Sox (15-17)

G&T

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

G&T...time for you to cowboy the f*** up. I don't care if it's your first time...you have to push....HARD....and get through it. Failure is not an option. In you, I have much confidence, young padawan. Many game threads started by you, I see.

Not sure why I went all Yoda there, but what the heck...May the force be with you.

See Round Ball

Watch round ball leave pitchers hand

If round ball crosses the big white thing in front of the gentleman who is squatting behind you between your nipples ( tmar reference ) and the knees swing the club.

Make sure your back elbow is up, like an L

Stride towards the pitcher ( not towards the third baseman )

Make sure that your swing is level, no dippy the back shoulder

Watch the ball strike the club

Drive through the ball

Finish with your hands up high

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 8, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)
See Round Ball

Watch round ball leave pitchers hand

If round ball crosses the big white thing in front of the gentleman who is squatting behind you between your nipples ( tmar reference ) and the knees swing the club.

Make sure your back elbow is up, like an L

Stride towards the pitcher ( not towards the third baseman )

Make sure that your swing is level, no dippy the back shoulder

Watch the ball strike the club

Drive through the ball

Finish with your hands up high

Wow. What Major League team do you play/coach for?

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 8, 2008 -> 09:19 AM)
G&T...time for you to cowboy the f*** up. I don't care if it's your first time...you have to push....HARD....and get through it. Failure is not an option. In you, I have much confidence, young padawan. Many game threads started by you, I see.

Not sure why I went all Yoda there, but what the heck...May the force be with you.

Was Luke ever mildly hung over when he did his training? Cuz I don't know if that's going to affect my performance. I figure that green s*** he drinks on his uncle's farm has give a bad headache, right?

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 8, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
Ramirez, SS; Q, LF; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; Swish, CF; Crede, 3B; Uribe, 2B; Hall, C.

wtf is this?

We can't possibly have Ramirez leading off today can we? His .114 average and .139 OBP really are what I look for in a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 8, 2008 -> 08:46 AM)
wtf is this?

We can't possibly have Ramirez leading off today can we? His .114 average and .139 OBP really are what I look for in a leadoff hitter.

So my question, Brian Anderson doesnt get into last nights blow out. He isn't be used as a defensive replacement. And can't make the getaway lineup. Why is he on this team again.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 8, 2008 -> 08:56 AM)
So my question, Brian Anderson doesnt get into last nights blow out. He isn't be used as a defensive replacement. And can't make the getaway lineup. Why is he on this team again.

He got into the game last night. Granted, it was after the score was fairly lopsided.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 8, 2008 -> 08:38 AM)
Ramirez, SS; Q, LF; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; Swish, CF; Crede, 3B; Uribe, 2B; Hall, C.

Is this official?

Not posted on any mlb related site.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 8, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
It's in Reifert's blog.

This was also in his blog:

"Best part of Mark's bat-to-heater explosion last night was that he used one of Uribe's bats. Juan is very, very protective of his bats and keeps them all down at the far end of the dugout away from everyelse's lumber. So the idea that Mark grabbed whatever was nearest to him -- in this case Juan's bat -- do inflict his damage is classic."

Now this is hilarious. Very protective of his bats??? Isn't that like protecting a Cubic Zirconia ring with armed guards?