5/20 gamethread: Indians vs Sox; CSN; 7:11

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Do any other broadcasters whine about the umpires as much as these guys?

Exactly. I actually am turning Hawk and DJ off because all they do on close calls is b****, b**** and b**** since they obviously do not have anything else to talk about. Crede's got a hot head when it comes to these things, I'm sure I could find another example to back me up on that. I saw how the umpire was calling the pitches tonight, but I didn't see a variant of a strike zone, and yes, I was watching the same game. 30-inch plate, Hawk? Really, come on now, that was a close pitch, don't use your little replays to try and portray that it was "so far outside." I'm sorry, but with the amount of crap I hear about umpires from Hawk's mouth I usually just think to myself, "why don't you get on a committee and get a hard on to get instant replay in baseball?"

Other than that, solid game, close calls are apart of baseball, and I'm glad at least we have one guy who takes the results of the calls with class (Nick Swisher). And who cares, we're in first place!

QUOTE (The Beast @ May 20, 2008 -> 11:02 PM)
but I didn't see a variant of a strike zone

Thornton's 0-2 pitch to Dellucci which was called a ball but was given to Sabathia multiple times. The ump was terrible this evening. I think you're just trying to come up with any reason to bash Hawk and DJ.

And I'm pretty sure Hawk was exaggerating a bit with the 30 inch plate comments.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
Thornton's 0-2 pitch to Dellucci which was called a ball but was given to Sabathia multiple times. The ump was terrible this evening. I think you're just trying to come up with any reason to bash Hawk and DJ.

And I'm pretty sure Hawk was exaggerating a bit with the 30 inch plate comments.

Okay, I'm sorry if I felt that the umpire was consistent tonight. I do not come up with reasons to bash anyone, I just can't stand hearing the same old crap over and over again. It's a shame there's not a feature to automatically put Stone and Farmio on my plasma screen TV. Yes, maybe he was exaggerating a bit with his comments, but he also did say a couple innings later on that it was more like a "36-inch plate," so who knows? Perhaps the age is getting to him...