Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 11:04 AM)
Are both Rose and Beasley playing? I was reading something about Rose having knee tendonitis and Beasley took a elbow to the chest the other day

Rotoworld had a blurb this morning saying they were both expected to play.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 02:27 PM)
Game 1 going into the 4th quarter now. The camerawork at most high school games puts this to shame, but the announcers are entertaining enough.

I didn't know what you meant until I tuned in on nba.com. Wow, this is bad. How did Rose do the first couple games?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)
I didn't know what you meant until I tuned in on nba.com. Wow, this is bad. How did Rose do the first couple games?

This IS the first game. Bulls just started playing. Rose is 1, I dunno what Beasley is.

First game was the Pacers-Thundercats. :lol: (Announcers gave that name to OKC. I'm still not sure who Lion-O is supposed to be. And yes, they really were calling someone Lion-O.)

Tyrus blocked Beasley on a move to the basket. Beasley's looked good, Chalmers too. Rose's been okay, not doing much so far.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
Announcer 1: He's been known to do that in summer league, he takes 3s.

Announcer 2: He eats souls.

:lol:

So random & so funny.

I wish I had some sort of recorder to record all of this. So many great discussions, so little time.

My fault, Jackie. I know Rose is 1. I believe Beasley is 44 (which is weird, because he will be 30 for the year).

Rose hasn't done jack so far.

BTW- I wonder if ThunderCats is their official name now?

Also- I love how they keep making fun of David Padgett and Aaron Gray. Now they just called the package MIL sent to NJ for Jefferson a "bag of balls". :lol:

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
My fault, Jackie. I know Rose is 1. I believe Beasley is 44 (which is weird, because he will be 30 for the year).

Rose hasn't done jack so far.

BTW- I wonder if ThunderCats is their official name now?

Also- I love how they keep making fun of David Padgett and Aaron Gray. Now they just called the package MIL sent to NJ for Jefferson a "bag of balls". :lol:

For the next 5 days, I'm thinking it's as official as we're gonna get. :D

I think you're right on Beasley's number. That's what I thought I saw earlier, but I wasn't sure.

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 06:21 PM)
beasley/rose making paxson look bad

3 pts 5 TO and some bad D for rose

Still summer league. Adam Morrison, superstar.

Though I think every Bulls fan better be prepared for Beasley to look better this year. Out of the gate, that's almost guaranteed.

Bulls fans need to be prepared that there is a much higher chance that Beasley pans out than Rose does.

Beasley was the hands down top prospect of that class for years, Rose was considered the best for less than 2 months. I really really really hope that the Bulls know a lot more about basketball than myself, because I was one of the few on this site who wanted Beasley.

That being said, I really dont feel its a good offense to have Rose dribble up the court and then immediately get himself pinned in the corner. If thats Del Negro's offense, than perhaps its not Rose its the system.

Which is another thing we have a coach with not much experience/

People need to hold their judgement on Rose for now.Its 1 summer league game for christ sake!I can see Beasley being a more productive player for the first year or two but after that it will be clear Rose was the right choice.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 08:52 AM)
People need to hold their judgement on Rose for now.Its 1 summer league game for christ sake!I can see Beasley being a more productive player for the first year or two but after that it will be clear Rose was the right choice.

i understand rose has room to grow, but why doesnt beasley also? i mean they are the same age and have the same experience, so i never really understood the "beasley will be better in year 1, but rose will be after that" arguement...i dont think people are judging rose either...certainly you cant do that after just one game, but i do think last nights game was a good manifestation of why some of us wanted beasley over rose

Edited by daa84

My judgment on Rose is not dependent on 1 game, it was dependent on watching him for an entire season. It was dependent on the statistics he put up at Memphis playing in one of the weakest basketball conferences. It was dependent on Beasley putting up better numbers as a freshman than Malone or Barkley ever did in college. It was dependent on Beasley being the best prospect hands down in that class for 2 years and then Rose for 2 months all of a sudden becoming a hype machine.

I guess the point is where are the Bulls going to be in 2 years when Rose finally develops?

I felt with Beasley the Bulls could make noise this year, that the Bulls needed an offensive weapon who could score points.

Some times you just have a gut feeling that you cant shake, and ive been against this draft pick since the hype machine began.

I really hope I am wrong and that Rose becomes the best player in the NBA.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)
Bulls fans need to be prepared that there is a much higher chance that Beasley pans out than Rose does.

Beasley was the hands down top prospect of that class for years, Rose was considered the best for less than 2 months. I really really really hope that the Bulls know a lot more about basketball than myself, because I was one of the few on this site who wanted Beasley.

That being said, I really dont feel its a good offense to have Rose dribble up the court and then immediately get himself pinned in the corner. If thats Del Negro's offense, than perhaps its not Rose its the system.

Which is another thing we have a coach with not much experience/

1 summer league game.