Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 12:58 AM)
Dwyane Wade looks FANTASTIC in the olympics, best I've seen him since the 2006 NBA Finals. I made fun of the idea of how he might come back here to his hometown in a couple years when he's a free agent, thinking he'll be broken down and busted up by then. But looking at him in the olympics, combined with now having Derrick Rose here and likely Ben Gordon gone (and Hughes would be gone by that time too), bring him on.

He'll get injured.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 08:47 AM)
He'll get injured.

He will probably seperate that shoulder again.Once you do it one time chances are its gonna keep happening because it will be even easier to pop out again.In the ER I see the same guys coming in all the time with the shoulders popped out and they never seem like they are used to it,obviously its a painful freaking injury.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/53994-t...own-out-of-camp

Rookies and former college teammates Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur, were caught with possession of marijuana Wednesday night while attending the NBA's Rookie transition program camp.

The consequences of their actions: a $20,000 fine, public embarrassment, and a damaged public reputatuion before logging one official minute in their professional careers.

In addition to the illegal substances found, several women also occupied Chalmer's and Arthur's hotel room, another violation of camp rules.

Highly regarded by Pat Riley, Mario was chosen by the Miami Heat in the second round of the NBA draft in June to help solidify a promising core down in South Beach.

The combination of Chalmers, Beasley, Wade, and Marion was supposed to jumpstart a team who had the worst record in the league last year at 15-67.

Chalmers looked to be the Heatâ€s starting point guard heading into 2008-09 season, but because of this new development that plan seems to be halted.

Riley despises character issues in his players; a major reason why the seasoned coach wasnâ€t fond of drafting Michael Beasley second overall.

As for Arthur, he was expected to be one of the centerpieces of the Grizzlies' franchise, side by side with Mike Conley Jr., O.J. Mayo, and Rudy Gay.

Memphis acquired Darrell in hopes of avenging the third worst record in the Western Conference last season at 22-60.

The duo also may begin the season on the league's suspension list, postponing their anticipated debuts.

The youngsters have not only failed to honor the NBA's substance abuse policy but have also penalized themselves, their teams, and their fans because of their poor judgement.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
So it seems to not have been posted here, but a few days ago we heard that a Russian team made a serious offer on Gordon. Now it turns out...Ben Gordon's agent was using the Russian media to plant a story about him receiving that offer as a negotiating tactic with the Bulls.

I never really liked Ben Gordon but never thought he would be working with the Russians.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
Every time this thread is bumped I check to see if it was for Ben Gordon. I can not believe it is the middle of September and still no news on a trade/signing.

Or, you know, ANY moves from a franchise that took a huge step backwards last year. This offseason was a joke.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
Rumor has it my boy Tyrus grew a couple inches over the summer. :) Basketball season just around the corner.

Ah... found a pic.

img_713.jpg

That pic is about 4 months old. Tyrus received hundreds of emails from realgm readers about this and verified that he has not had a growth spurt.