5/21 gamethread: Indians vs Sox, 7:11, WCIU

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2008 -> 01:22 AM)
It really bothers me that PK is supposedly hurting a fair amount and he hasn't even gotten a measly extra off-day in nearly 3 weeks now.

Do you think a trip to the DL is in order? The hand injury seems to be lingering

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 21, 2008 -> 05:23 PM)
Do you think a trip to the DL is in order? The hand injury seems to be lingering

I have no idea. But if he's hitting .220 while he's in there because of that hand, then at least some extra rest seems in order and he's not getting it.

If this were 05 and our backup 1b was Timo I could understand keeping PK in there even if he's hurting, but come on, Swish can play 1b and we have a solid young backup OF who could use the playing time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
And Swisher costs the Sox a run. This team, besides Javy, hasn't shown up at all tonight.

I feel real bad for Javy this year. He has to have some of the worst run support in the majors.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 22, 2008 -> 02:26 AM)
I feel real bad for Javy this year. He has to have some of the worst run support in the majors.

I thought I heard he's among the league leaders in run support. Remember, he pitched that one Tigers game where we hit 2 slams.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2008 -> 08:23 PM)
We're working on it right now...a little bit of patience and hopefully things will be resolved in an equitable manner.

No prob....Im patient....I was just curious. cause I saw his thread wasn't on futre sox anymore either

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2008 -> 05:27 PM)
I thought I heard he's among the league leaders in run support. Remember, he pitched that one Tigers game where we hit 2 slams.

Javy's #2 on our team in run support next to one Nick Masset, as a starter that is. 6.29 runs/game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2008 -> 01:24 AM)
I have no idea. But if he's hitting .220 while he's in there because of that hand, then at least some extra rest seems in order and he's not getting it.

If this were 05 and our backup 1b was Timo I could understand keeping PK in there even if he's hurting, but come on, Swish can play 1b and we have a solid young backup OF who could use the playing time.

I tend to agree with you. Swisher can play 1B and Anderson in CF while Paulie gets rested.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 21, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
Bad plays by Swisher and maybe Konerko? I have been hearing analysts claim our defense has failed our pitchers more than once this year.

No defense is perfect. When the offense isn't clicking, defensive miscues get magnified.