Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim @ Chicago White Sox

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
Embarrassing....keep sitting there and wait for a homer Ozzie!

Not much you can do when our batters are having 1 or 2 pitch ABs.

I thought Alexei's was in the gap for sure.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2008 -> 03:02 AM)
I hate to be a dick, but my god, even AJP is horses*** right now.

What pathetic excuses for at bats.

How the hell are we in first place???

8 game win streak, while rest of division is underachieving = 1st place in standings.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 25, 2008 -> 05:51 PM)
AJ, Crede, Uribe, Ramirez and even OC are guys who simple dont work pitchers...we have too many guys in this lineup liek that....the fact that konerko, thome and swisher are the only ones who really do is really tough when those guys are scuffling like they are

OC has actually worked pitchers pretty well. He may not draw a ton of walks, but he's pretty effective at fouling pitches off and as a result working pitchers. I would agree with the other guys fitting that case. Heck, I'd actually compare OC and Dye in the sense that neither work pitchers tremendously well but they do a decent job of it (and shouldn't be in the same sentence as the other guys).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2008 -> 02:05 AM)
Kudos to Jose. Damn shame he's gonna end up with a ND.

Our starting pitching gave up runs in 3 out of 22 innings this series, and not one of them got a W.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2008 -> 09:04 PM)
That's a lofty statement on such an underachieving offensive team.

hes become the worst throwing catcher ive ever seen on the white sox.....slow pitchers or not...he never works the count, has a low obp, and has average power...hes basically a singles hitter who gets way too much love from white sox faithfull...hell even i have his jersey

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2008 -> 06:03 PM)
Not much you can do when our batters are having 1 or 2 pitch ABs.

I thought Alexei's was in the gap for sure.

If Dye were playing RF for the Angels it would have dropped by 10 feet. Matthews Jr is freaking stellar defensively.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 25, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
i dont remember if contreras has ever had 10 Ks with us

He was dominant for a while and was getting a lot of K's. I'd be surprised if he didn't have a 10K plus game. This game ain't over people. Lackey pitched a good one, Sox pen is gonna have to man up now and hopefully the offense can muster up enough runs to win this (hopefully all it takes is one more run by the Sox).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 26, 2008 -> 02:07 AM)
If Dye were playing RF for the Angels it would have dropped by 10 feet. Matthews Jr is freaking stellar defensively.

I was thinking the same....seeing that Matthews Jr. play live on Swisher yesterday was amazing.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 26, 2008 -> 02:08 AM)
He was dominant for a while and was getting a lot of K's. I'd be surprised if he didn't have a 10K plus game. This game ain't over people. Lackey pitched a good one, Sox pen is gonna have to man up now and hopefully the offense can muster up enough runs to win this (hopefully all it takes is one more run by the Sox).

Contreras had some huge K games in 2006, at Texas and at Cincy. He had 13 or 14, I believe.